1 CR123 light recommendations?

fibrizo

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I've finally returned to these forums after a long hiatus, (since being here made me spend money on custom lights that I shouldn't have spent ;) and I find that I am totally lost on what is up or down anymore with all these new lights, mods and stuff...

So I was looking for a replacement for my good old Arc LSH-P, which has done beautifully and worked like a charm... and like a tank (with all the abuse it's gone through) I know that technology has significantly improved since then so I wanted to get your guys (the experts on these things) opinion on a good replacement. Now before this becomes a thread where people suggest 10000 lights and no one agrees, I wanna give my specs of what I'm looking for

1. brightness (hey if it doesn't make my LSH-P look like a maglight AAA solitare, what's the point of getting it? ;) I want it to be a bright bright light. If I can only have max brightness for 15 mins? That's fine, considering with my intermittent use I rarely use it more than 5 mins at a time.

2. Size (Sure I can get a light 400 times brighter than my light, but I already have those installed in my car as headlights) I'd like it to be a 1 cell form factor probably cr123. Rechargable or not really doesn't matter. either way will be fine

3. Cost (With all the flying and interviews I have to go to, I'm on a limited budget) Basically cheaper is good at this point I'd probably be looking around the 100$ range give or take 30 bux maybe, Though suggestions for more expensive lights are good too... as I might be tempted enough to drop 200 on it, I'll just eat less :p (sigh... signs to flashaholicism coming back...)

4. Durability (This light is probably gonna get wet and at some time get blood or something else on it... I gotta be able to wash it at least)

5. Light levels, I find myself only needing at most 2 light levels usually, more is fine, but even 1 light level is ok (as long as it's max) and it'd be nice if it had a low too. Regulation, while nice is not necessary

6. Acquirability (Ever since my surgery rotation, I've picked up this nasty habit of needing instant gratification) If there's a light that puts out 10000 lumens, runs for 500 hours on 1 battery etc etc, but won't be availible till 2010, I'd rather get something sooner, though I wouldn't mind hearing about that wonder light so I can drool too... So something with an availibility of about 2 weeks would be great.

Now I know I've described the wonderlight that everyone wants but maybe no one has designed, but after reading about that new fenix L1p, I must say I have some hope.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
Look in the Peak LED manufacturer's forum. The new CPF05 special (the soon to be Ranier) sounds like it is just what you are looking for.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Peak LED CPF Special?? Or the HDS.
Let us know what ya decide.

Blades

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
Go for the HDS Basic 60, it's a little bit out of the price range you wanted but you won't be disappointed.

fibrizo

Newly Enlightened
Man that new peak looks nice... for that price too. anyone got size comparison pics to an old arc lsh? how about overall brightness? is it reviewed somewhere?