What bulb for E2E?

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need recommendations for a good, long running ican bulb to replace my stock E2E bulb? I'm more interested in runtime than throw. Thanks!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Exactly what Deranged_Coder said regarding the SureFire MN02. SureFire claims a runtime of 2.5 hours @ 25 Lumens. LightHound has them and so does OpticsHQ. Check them out and Enjoy!

Chao

Enlightened
MN02 has very good runtime, I ever did MN02 runtime plot compared with MN03..
MN02-03%20runtime.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
:wow: based on that graph, it seems like it's not even worth it to use the MN03. The MN02 wins within 10-15 minutes of runtime! Not worth the short-lived extra brightness, IMO

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the lux, not the total out put.

In my experience the MN03 has THE BEST beam of any incandescent light I have ever seen, on par with the MA02 of the A2, it's perfectly round and very white. It satys white for at least 45 minutes to an hour.

DOn't dismiss that MN03 based on Lux alone.

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Theres always the KL1 for 4 hrs of regulated brighter than the MN02. Love both of mine, ver 1 lowdome and ver 3 lux3. I know u asked for an incan alternative, but in this size of light, lux is the way to go for efficiency in terms of brightness and runtime. U could always go to a b&m store to choose a yellower tint of the kl1.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
:thinking: How much more total output are we talking here? It may be worth the 50% less runtime for some people.

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
Chao , what kind of batteries did you use? I found the following graph at the ledmuseum.org it looks different. This is for the MN03 (60 lumen) with surefire batteries.

e2.gif

You can see that the slope takes a turn for the worst at 45min.

I'm gonna have to try an MN02 now i'm curious.

Chao

Enlightened
The high temperature in my E2D with MN03 cause "cloudy syndrome", that really affect the throw, if I test the runtime under the low humidity condition, the plot should be batter like LEDmuseum did.

There's a idential runtime plot by LightMania (Japan)
http://fuja.s22.xrea.com/review/e2/index.html

Last edited: