Diamond 5 Watt

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
http://batteryjunction.com/5waluledform2.html
There's comments and threads aplenty about Diamond's DB-3W 3 watt but nobody ever says anything about the 5 watt. Anybody got one of these ? If yoy look at the overall output on Flashlight Reviews this is about the fifth or sixth brightest light that he's reviewed (including lights using bulbs). I was gonna get it from LED-Replacement but all of a sudden they don't have it anymore. This hasn't been toasting itself like the 1 watt regulated has it ?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was never really interested in the Lux V module myself as I prefer Lux IIIs for outdoor 'Mag-sized' work, but it seems to me that the Lux V would put out an awful lot of heat, even with that little funky adapter thing that comes with it.

Personally if I wanted a Lux V Mag, I'd build or buy a Space Needle clone. There's even a regulated one for sale right now for like $75 or $80.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I have some of their other lights and would not trust a 5w.

Did you notice it runs off 123 cells, not c/d cells.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the pic in the link provided and I guess I just figured out where I got the little 3x123 to 2D adapter someone sent me.

You can use it with D cells if you have the 6D Mag.

To me, the way to go would be the regulated SNII clone for sale over in B/S/T and run it with 18650 cells. Or just build one (or have one built) in the host size of your choice. Again, I just find the Lux IIIs a lot more flexable... run them on 3C or 3D cells and you get very respectable runtime with a lot better throw than the Lux Vs.