I think I'm screwed.....

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just happened by this forum 4 days ago. I never knew LED technology has advanced so much..... and looks like there's plenty more room to advance. Geez, I never thought I'd get so caught up in this.

Anyways, it's been 4 days and now I have a Surefire U2 and 2 Amilites on order. What did you guys do to me? :broke: Wife's gonna kill me.....

Arkayne

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. I'm in the same boat at 1.5 weeks old. Now I can't stop thinking about lights to modify. I already put myself in the hole for this month because I spent my 'fun' money on a new toolbox JUST for my flashlight adventures!

REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH

grift

Enlightened
:lolsign: welcome to CPF.

now say goodbye to all your expendable income and more :nana: :devil:

FLASHAHOLICISM is a fun but expensive disease to treat.:sold: :paypal: ........................:broke: :shrug: :wtf:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title of this thread says it all - you definitely are. However, you could not have picked any better lights to start with - you are absolutely going to love them.

Now that you have a little fire power ordered, it's time to pick up a Peak Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra bright for a nice comfortable pocket light.

welcome.gif
to CPF - your demise is at hand
evilgrin07.gif

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome-

Your scenario sounds very familiar. :D

These will be very handy when browsing the sell section:
:takeit: :paypal:

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF

Just think how many lights you'll have after one year....after two years....three years :grin2:

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF

You will soon have in your possession a small well machined
lithium powered variable projector of bright white photons
with functional simplicity, magnificent design, a tough
exterior finish and a warranty that is one of the best in
the business.

Enjoy .................... :candle:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Welcome! 3-years ago it was Wow, Luxeon LEDs can actually be had! Next thing it will be Maxabeams, SF Beasts, buy your own machineshop, etc! Sympathies! :crackup:

Larry

alberto

Enlightened
Welcome to the club my friend. Here is a typical conversation you'll have with your wife:

Wife: "What's in the FedEx box?"
You: "I think it's a flashlight I ordered, but I'm not sure."

Wife: "You bought ANOTHER flashlight?"
You: "Yes, but this one is DIFFERENT than all the others."

Wife: "So how much did THIS one cost?"
You: "Not much. I got it on sale."

Wife: "Why do you have all those flashlights?"
You: "Well....because....I dunno."

Wife: "Do you ever use any of them?"
You: "Every day. You just don't see it."

Wife: "We can't afford for you to keep buying flashlights."
You: "I know, this is the LAST ONE."

Wife: "I don't trust you. You keep hanging out on that Internet forum."
You: "Yes, but it's just for fun."

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I think I'm screwed.....

4 days, wait and see what happens after I year that is realy being screwed

LowWorm

Enlightened
alberto said:
Welcome to the club my friend. Here is a typical conversation you'll have with your wife:

Wife: "What's in the FedEx box?"
You: "I think it's a flashlight I ordered, but I'm not sure."

Wife: "You bought ANOTHER flashlight?"
You: "Yes, but this one is DIFFERENT than all the others."

Wife: "So how much did THIS one cost?"
You: "Not much. I got it on sale."

Wife: "Why do you have all those flashlights?"
You: "Well....because....I dunno."

Wife: "Do you ever use any of them?"
You: "Every day. You just don't see it."

Wife: "We can't afford for you to keep buying flashlights."
You: "I know, this is the LAST ONE."

Wife: "I don't trust you. You keep hanging out on that Internet forum."
You: "Yes, but it's just for fun."

Okay, get someone over here and debug my home immediately.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
in the last two months I have bought......

3 nite eyz drop ins for minimags (way cool, LOW cost sucker first step into this addiction)
1 cheap Chinese 3 led AAA POS (nuff said)
9 SL PP 4AA luxeons (one for me, another for me, 7 for X-mas presents)
1 Arc AAA-P (this thing oozes with quality and durability in a very small package, it went thru the washer once with no problem)
1 SL 3AA Twin Task (better than a Minimag but not impressive compared to everything else I have bought)
1 TLE-5 Minimag drop in (really neat way for a beginner to turn a minimag into a good light easy)
1 Princeton Tech Surge (a lot of lumens for the money in a small package but....just does not do it for me)
1 SL L2 (very impressive light until you start comparing side by side with SL 4AA PP Luxeon)
Loads of 123 and rechargeable AA batteries
1 SL TL3 (great small size practical light with lots of lumens)
1 Fenix L1P (so good that I have another L1P and an L2P ordered)
1 3w Luxeon drop in for an old Mag 3D (if you want to make a Mag 3D into an long running good flashlight easy this is the way to go)
1 SF E2D (this was actually a present from the in-laws, SF quality is WAY impressive)
1 SF A2 Aviator (bought this one because the E2D is so neat and I used to be an aviator, I am waiting for the mailman to bring this one)
LOP reflector and 9AA to 3D battery pack and WA bulbs and boro float lens to make another old Mag 3D into a Mag 85 (still waiting on some of this stuff to arrive)
1 15 minute Energizer charger and batteries for my daughter (she thinks I was being nice but actually she is being my Beta tester on this)
AND, I am trying to decide upon an Amilite Neo 3 or a Peak CPF Special for my next light.

So lets see now?
The price of all this stuff??
Way too much!
Shining lots of lumens on a grey fox in the woods behind the house one night last week?
PRICELESS!

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Welcome to the craziness, :wave: Particle!

(Just think of it this way. With every SureFire purchase, you are getting one step closer to catching up with Al..) :grin2:

Robban

Enlightened
I'll try to give you some hope. I've slowed down on the buying. I only have 10 or so lights (not really sure) and it's been over a month since the last purchase.

There's a catch though... I just discovered the laser-forum and I've already managed to destroy one GLP-105 and I'm currently on my second. Oh and I've tried to set up a phone-time with one of our supporters here to get a higher power model.

Welcome! :D

Niteowl

Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
I just happened by this forum 4 days ago. I never knew LED technology has advanced so much..... and looks like there's plenty more room to advance. Geez, I never thought I'd get so caught up in this.

Anyways, it's been 4 days and now I have a Surefire U2 and 2 Amilites on order. What did you guys do to me? :broke: Wife's gonna kill me.....

Hey, don't be lookin' at us. You did this to yourself. Didn't your mother warn you about hangin' around with the wrong people? I suggest you go to the wife and tell her you're into something bad and need her help. Either that or get yourself a post office box and another CC.

Good luck to you sir, you're going to need it. It's like the freakin' La Brea tarpit in here. Might as well enjoy the ride. :aaa:

Oh yeah, giving the love of your life one of the Amilites is sound advice. She maaaay be a little more understanding.

:wave:

Latest posts