Colored lense covers for ANY light!

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,
Came onto a discovery when i got a free T2 with my aviation headset. The T2 also came with a free red lense cover. The topic sparked much interest in this thread here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1186654#post1186654

Anyways, here are some pics.

inova1.jpg

inova2.jpg

inova3.jpg

inova4.jpg

I like it a lot. Since it came with my inova it fit perfectly. The inova is a size 1. So is the minimag.

The inova T2 still has a good amount of throw. The rubber is flexible and will help protect the head, the lense is springloaded so that it will never come down over your light unless you want it to, you can also snap it down into place and it wont come off, it can still stand on the head as well. All in all i'm pretty impressed. I got mine free but if you want to buy one i think it's $8 from the manfacturer's website. There's even a thing you can print out to measure the head of your light and see what size yours is.

http://www.quakeinc.com/opt1.html

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I will be glad to answer as many as i can. (no, i dont work for them nor am i affiliated with them in any way.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh... yeah... those are just like the flip up scope covers (ie for rifles and shotguns) but with a colored lens. Sort of like what SureFire offers, but on a cheaper scale.

Good to hear the T2 still puts out a usable amount of light even with the red lens... I was under the impression that non-red LEDs didn't do very well with red filters.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
Oh... yeah... those are just like the flip up scope covers (ie for rifles and shotguns) but with a colored lens. Sort of like what SureFire offers, but on a cheaper scale.

Good to hear the T2 still puts out a usable amount of light even with the red lens... I was under the impression that non-red LEDs didn't do very well with red filters.

Here are some beamshots i just took of before and after. It's not a huge amount of light like with the light itself, but the light is still useable.

The digicam's setting were f2.8/30
I think the camera adjusted them itself.

Original InovaT2:

inova5.jpg

With red lense cover:

inova6.jpg