the UK eLED ZOOM -- what's the story?

daq

Newly Enlightened
UK4AA eLED ZOOM

Hi,

I love my UK eLED 4AA eLED. It's just the right size, rugged, stores lots of battery power in a small package. Sometimes I just wished it was brighter (or dimmer) or had tighter focus (or broader focus).

Well, my desires have been met. Meet the new UK4AA eLED ZOOM!
http://www.uwkinetics.com/I_4AAeLEDzoom.htm

Is this just out? Why on earth is not EVERYONE talking about this light?

The news section of the site just made me make my first light purchase since 4sevens 3AAA LuxIII Hi/Lo mod.
http://www.uwkinetics.com/news.htm

I'll let you know what I think of it when it actually arrives.

Dale
First in line at BrightGuy

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: UK4AA eLED ZOOM

WOW !!!!!!!!

Thats gonna be SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see a review !

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I don't think they are on sale anywhere but my guess is they will probably want around $40 for one.

ARGH!.. I was a nickle over and they do seem to have them.
Now to wait for a review......

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lynx_Arc said:
I don't think they are on sale anywhere but my guess is they will probably want around $40 for one.

ARGH!.. I was a nickle over and they do seem to have them.
Now to wait for a review......

not to be a buzzkill but,,,,
Let's hope that "zoom" can't be contrued as "focusable" UK light's are about the only non aluminium lights i like, and I find this one very interesting,,, enough to purchase. I hope it's a round when i have the fund's if ya'll get my drift.....VDG

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I received an email from Brightguy:

The UK 4AA ZOOM electronic LED (eLED) flashlight has all the features that make it a tremendous work light. The 2-watt LED lasts for thousands of hours and maintains constant brightness for over 80% of the battery life. Unlike conventional flashlights, the solid state LED will not break when dropped. As a result, you save real money on the cost of lamp replacements. A twist of the bezel zooms the flashlight between an intense narrow beam and a broad illuminating beam using the unique Projection Optics design.

Okay, so what is Projection Optics? What's the deal with this light?

Thanks!

edited to add from UK press release:
The technological breakthrough behind the ZOOM 4AA eLED Light is UK's patent pending Projection Optical System, which uses a dual lens bezel instead of reflectors, and employs the latest advances to produce an incredibly smooth beam of light that closely mimics daylight. Projection Optics, simply put, is a revolutionary technology that heralds a new era in flashlight design.
Other outstanding features of the new ZOOM 4AA eLED include allowing users to adjust the diameter of the variable beam (from flood to focused), a battery saving mode - providing more than double battery life, and constant light output over the life of batteries. And its use of reflectors produces a distortion-free beam with a smooth, even illumination.

Last edited:

chanamasala

Enlightened

I couldn't resist. I got one in black from brightguy.com. Now must wait. Will compare to SLPP4AA.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey cog, I'm very curious about this new version as well. I love the idea of a high/low light with zoom... Can't wait for a review or two.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I merged the two threads about this product, so I'll reopen this one.

***The_LED_Museum***

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Ah Craig ... guess we were working on those at the same time ... and I almost thought I had some slight problems with my mind .. :green: ... you got me really confused :D :D
bernie

P.S.: carry on guys ... nothing happened ... :crackup:

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The technological breakthrough behind the ZOOM 4AA eLED Light is UK's patent pending Projection Optical System, which uses a dual lens bezel instead of reflectors, and employs the latest advances to produce an incredibly smooth beam of light that closely mimics daylight. Projection Optics, simply put, is a revolutionary technology that heralds a new era in flashlight design.... "

This is almost frightening... UK must have at least one "decision maker" hanging out on CPF. I LOVE IT!

I am also anxious to read some reviews - or at least "first Impressions."

Specifications:

Brightness: 40 Lumen (peak average)
Lamp: 2-watt high intensity white LED
Zoom Ratio: Zooms between approximately 21° and 13° beam angle
Burn Time: 4.5 hours (high) / 10 hours (low)
Battery: 4 x Duracell MN1500/PC1500, Energizer E91/EN91 or Rayovac AL-AA/815 1.5 V alkaline AA-cells (Although other types of batteries may work in this light, they have not been rated for use in hazardous locations.)
Size: 6.7 x 1.6 x 1.4 inch

Last edited:

Everett

Newly Enlightened
I got one in black from brightguy.com. Now must wait. Will compare to SLPP4AA.
i look forward to that comparison. can't wait to see what the low mode is like.

DBrier

Enlightened
I just pulled the trigger and bought two.

Since I already have the SF ProPoly Lux and the regular UK eLED, I should be able to post some nice comparisons. I even have one of the 1 watt XTREAM Diver Lites with the 3 way setting.

Always looking for the perfect 4AA setup. The new ZOOM looks like it may be a winner.

chanamasala

Enlightened
One thing they should have designed into it was the ablility to stand on end. That comes in handy too often to leave out.

Do the AAs fit well with the regular UK eLED? This is, is there no rattle?

Last edited:

DBrier

Enlightened
* shake shake shake*

side to side you can hear the batteries rattle. Up and down you can hear the little catalyst pellets rattle.