Solved Another Issue I Had With My Surefire U2 (LOW MODE BEING TOO BRIGHT)

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two things really bothered me about my U2 when I got it... not being able to stand it on the tail cap and it being too dang bright even on the lowest setting...

however I have fixed both now... I use the rubber from a F04 beamshaper and it fits perfectly on the tailcap of the U2... adding better roll resistance and a soft tail to help with dings and etc....

then I was still anoy'd with it being too bright even on low... it was making it hard to keep a low profile in the dark...

well at wal-mart they sell the 'in my mind' a horriable LED flashlight by the nam eof Brinkmann Rebel LED flashlight... along with the flashlight is included three beam filters and two AA's...

the filters are almost perfectly the size of the U2's bezel... fantastic.... i cut some small strips of black electrical tape the length of the bezel and rapped the very end of my U2 with some tape.... this increased the diameter just enough to make a snug fit on the BLUE, RED, and AMBER filter..

I am very happy now and can't wait til dark...

I don't think its a bad deal to purchase a $15.00 flashlight at walmart and get a flashlight and three filters that work with the Surefire U2... a filter from Surefire would almost cost the same as the whole flashlight..

The filters are VERY low profile and nice rubber... now both ends of my U2 are protected with 'caps'... :)

Enjoy!