Free Light

SolarFlare

Enlightened
I'd like to give away a surefire E1 executive elite with 4 spare emitters (boxed) as a Christmas gift to a CPF member. I just haven't got a clue how to do it :thinking: . If you were going to do this who would qualify for this freebie?

SolarFlare

Enlightened
goldserve thats my intention, but what is need? I'd like to give it to someone that dreams of a surefire, so I'm thinking a school age flashaholic that has no income :shrug: .

greenLED

Flashaholic
Oh, I just remembered, KevinL set up a system of numbers on his website for a light someone else was giving away. PM him. Don't ask people to pick numbers here 'cuz it's madness and Sasha will come out and :twak: y'all

Ericz23

Newly Enlightened
I would love to have it. I have been wanting one for the longest time but have not had any extra money. Things are very tight right now since hurricane Wilma.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Actually its not what I want to do, I don't like all these number things :mecry:

I remember some of TINs give-aways but I can't remember how he did it. Maybe a "suggest a recipient" .................. :awman: I just don't know

nethiker

Enlightened
How about an essay contest for school age kids? That way you could choose the most deserving based on what they write. Just a thought.

Your intention is great and another example of the wonderful community we have here. :goodjob:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am a sch boy :p(i am 15)

lol i think you either hold some competition or add to the ksbman's christmas give away

not just the plain who ever say "i will take it!" first trick.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Nethiker I like that :crackup: , but I wouldn't want to distract anyone from their homework :whistle:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Word to the wise..
Nice thought.. I wish I had that kind of generosity :) .
Not long ago a member tried to send out a freebie, clogged the whole forum for an evening and the aftermath was certainly nothing to smile about..Unless of course you happened to be the winner :grin2: .
There have been a number of " pick a number between 1 and 100 contests ran succesfully off this forum but directly linked to it. Smooth as silk and supported by CPF I think..
Good luck and cheers to the offering!
Pyd

VWTim

Enlightened
Another broke college student checking in. I think the random drawing is a good call. Although giving it to someone getting shipped out is a great idea, it might save their life.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think instead of a random drawing, there should be some amount of effort put forth by potential recipients...the essay contest would be good. That would sort out the worthy ones from the "Me - me - me!!! Pick me!" ones.

Very generous offer, SolarFlare! Great showing of Christmas spirit along with the others that donated for the Christmas flashlight giveaway!

JM-99