Car& truck LED applications

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
There are some various bulbs of my truck that I wish to replace. Tell me where I can find these. Also, what is the best application for headlight beams? (my bulbs are 60/55)

Required light specs below. Thank you very much.

168 wedge-type, amber, blue and red
4157 wedge-type, amber
1156 single end, amber
921 wedge-type, clear

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm not quite sure LEDs have hit the mainstream in vehicles yet. I have a few 1157 RED Led bulbs, but have never found them to be bright enough. Also depends on how they hit the reflector. If they go straight through it, you miss a LOT of light!

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
I have 1157's for tails. Yeah they miss the reflector. They make a simple red dot... but they are bright... really bright. They just make a circle, thats all. I dont care if they miss the reflector.

Last edited:

markk

Newly Enlightened
Hey fellas... new guy here.

Check www.superbrightleds.com for parts and info. I've placed quite a few orders with them and they're good to deal with. Also, go to www.hondapilot.org and search for a thread on 'courtesy lights' - lots of info about interior and exterior bulb conversions including pics I've posted of the LED conversion I did on my car's interior.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
markk said:
Hey fellas... new guy here.

Welcome to CPF. :)

Anyway I found a great site that seems to carry reputable products. The nice thing is that it list all numbers of lights that are compatible with each other!!

These prices seems to be more expensive than some other places, but I have been wanting to do this for a while so Im going to get down to it. Also notice that some of the nice lights have lateral throw!!!!!!! -P.

https://www.accessorysourcedirect.com/ezcart/Lighting.html

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'm only extremely minorly hip in electronics compared to the gurus, but I don't yet see car and truck LED applications other than in the dashboard. HID's for headlights and HID's or Incadescents for spotlights are still pretty much the state of the art as far as I know in my limited knowledge of this stuff.

I would love LED in everything, but I just haven't found it worthwhile, but it certain applications. I hope this changes soon because LED's are by far my favorite light source.