So your shipwrecked on a dessert Island with only 3 lights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmarex2

Newly Enlightened
So you are trapped on a dessert Island with only three lights, the days are short and the nights are long and you think their might be dangerous animals/people on the island. You can have anything you want and as much as you want except with two exceptions.

1.) you can only have three lights. period. You can have a million 123's if you like but only three lights. You cannot get more lights. You can't cheat by having 3 lights and a dozen mods for each light either. Multiple stage lights like the A2 count as only one light though.

2.) You are trapped on this island. You will be here for an indefinate amount of time. No leaving the island to get more lights, no matter how much it hurts.

Alright thats it good luck and made the best lights win.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Well, if it's only CR123s, and not R123s... (And what would would I charge them with anyhow, a charger made from bamboo and coconuts?) :lolsign:

1. SF A2
2. SF U2
3. HDS U60

Plus Ginger and Mary Ann! :naughty: :grin2:

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
given an unlimited supply of 123's and D-cells? what about incandescent lights that have a bulb that can burn out, unlimited bulbs as well?

i'd take a SureFire 6P with P61 bulb for throw and blinding the wild animals that may try to eat me/i want to eat

an Inova X5 for general floodlighting/usefulness

a Mag 6D (with Mag's Xenon upgrade bulb) as a throwmonster/club

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... of the lights I currently own:

1. 2C Mag with UW0K and nFlex running on 18650 cells
2. Maxfire with Bug Out Gear TW0K-modified Lux III module on R123s (Vital Gear body on the way)
3. Fenix L1P on 2500 NiMH

Lights I don't currently own:

1. 10W HID in a 3D Body running whatever cells run it the longest
2. Surefire U2
3. Lioncub

If I could sneak one extra, it would either be the Gerber Recon modded with a CS or other somewhat brighter LED or One of Ledean's cut Minimags w/20mm reflector running on a single 14500 and red, green and blue filters.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I take that back... I'd probably want the following:

SureFire M981 on a Remington 700 Police in 308

SureFire M981 on a Mossburg 590A1

SureFire X200 on a widebody SVI 1911 in 9x23

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
My custom 4AA CCFL/LED lantern
fenix modded with two stage for portability/use
UK eled ZOOM for water use
bunch of AAs.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only own four flashlights and I get by just fine on the whole North American Continent. Ok, I'll toss the Inova Microlight out and I'll still be doing good.

I bet I could make do with just one flashlight; and if it comes to getting around in the woods, I wouldn't want to be weighed down with too much equipment.

RadarGreg

Enlightened
A dessert island? Like with coconut cream pies and chocolate mousse? Or a desert island with sand and other beach-like creatures? :)

Anyhow, three lights? I'd take one of those shaker eternalights. Bad things can happen to batteries over time, so a shaker light ought to make a fine second backup light. As a primary light, I'd take a LED light. Maybe a SF U2. I think as a third light, it would be a Lumaray FL12. Good for close up work and has good throw as well. You did say the island gets regular air drops of batteries in whatever flavor we like, so the CR123 and C cell choices shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have a Fenix L1P, but that also might make a good choice, given the small size and monster lumens.

Umm......pie.....<drool>...

RadarGreg

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haahaaa!! This thread is funny! I would only need two light though.

1. USL to start fires and tons of spare charged batteries. (Maybe Lithium versions)
flamethrower.gif

2. Mintrois fatflex Ubin with tons of AA L91's

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
1) HDS U60

2) Surefire A2

3) 14.5 mW Green Laser ( To signal the search plane or a boat :D ;D so I could get off the Island )

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The three of the flashlights I own:
1. nFlex WX1S LuxeonV 8AA Mag for adjustable brightness and massive throw
2. Peak Mediterranean with CR123A body on hip (unlimited lithiums!)
3. Peak Matterhorn Snow29 3 LED HO on lanyard

If they can be "pending" flashlights

1. Andrew Wynns BAM mod for my 8AA Mag. Three SWAH Luxeon K2's running at three user adjustable (turn the Mag head) levels with max at 1,000mA. Figure around 400+ lumens.
2. Peak Mediterranean CR123A body with twisty. Reliable, bright, waterproof and it runs cool.
3. Peak Ocean AAA on lanyard single AAA Luxeon keychain light with momentary tailswitch and twisty for on/off functions.

Not sure what is going on with #1 pending flashlights but my hope is #3 is my Christmas present. :)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
1,000,000 123's??? :naughty:

Easy,

1. Surefire Beast

2. HDS U85

3. Surefire U2

Under those conditions, I'll second PoliceScannerMan and have a SF Beast in my hut (who needs a weapon when you have one of those?) I may substitute the U2 for an A2 though (sand could present a problem for the rotating bezel ring). :)

Learjet

Enlightened
So I can have all the batteries I need?

1. Something with a bright LED, don't really care what.

2. LED Headlight.

3. 1000 Watt laser to nuke anything nasty and start fires with. :D Reminds me of the topic over in lasers. :)

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Wow, there may be unfriendly things on the island with you, and no one suggested a Tigerlight? I'll take two and dual wield them like Bruce Lee or something. :laughing: Guess my third light will be one of those shake lights, for as someone said, bad things can happen to batteries, and I don't want to be without a light source, no matter how dim it may be.

Nightmarex2

Newly Enlightened
DISCLAIMER:

You can have an unlimited supply of bulbs and your lights are maintenance free. This topic is chugging along rather nicely maybe I'll let this be treasure island with a treasure chest full of lights. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.