My New lights (I'm very pleased)

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
After looking at reviews on good lights, for low money, I went out tonight and bought three new lights.

Inova 2c Radiant (I really like this light, except the switch)

River Rock 2xAA - I'm not so fond of the actual output. I love the design, but the "full moon" light doesn't sit well with me.

Dorcy 3xAA - I'm in love with this light already. Very bright, beautiful light, and I think this will be my "constant use" light.

Guys, I want to thank you for bringing me to this hobby. The best thing? My SO is ok with it :).

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of getting either the Inova Radiant 2C for my nephew to keep in his car, he just started driving, would it be a decent light to toss in a glovebox?

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
Only problem I see is the potential for the light to get turned on accidently, and leave him with a dead light.

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
L2P on the way, Looking at the gat-light, and I have one of the Ebay chinese knockoff's on the way.

After that I'm probably going for another Dorcy, a Thor, and modding my 3xd M@G

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[HINTMODEON]

Get your SO at least a nice little keychain/zipper pull light as well...an ARC AAA with a Berkeley Point mini-clip would be a very nice & handy gift!!

[HINTMODEOFF]

BlackDecker

Enlightened
lordsaryon said:
After looking at reviews on good lights, for low money, I went out tonight and bought three new lights.

Inova 2c Radiant (I really like this light, except the switch)

River Rock 2xAA - I'm not so fond of the actual output. I love the design, but the "full moon" light doesn't sit well with me.

Dorcy 3xAA - I'm in love with this light already. Very bright, beautiful light, and I think this will be my "constant use" light.

Guys, I want to thank you for bringing me to this hobby. The best thing? My SO is ok with it :).

Try the River Rock 2AAA light - it has spill and some throw and is far superior to the 2AA model.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
whatever you do, don't look at SureFire's "value" light, the G2 Nitrolon, it's a "gateway light", SureFire deliberately priced it so reasonably to get you hooked on their product, and coincidentally start buying (and lusting after) their more esoteric (and expensive) lights....

i made the "mistake" of picking up a G2, and now i have a G2, a 6P, and i purchased a G2 for Dad's christmas gift, hope to get *him* hooked (if not on SureFires, at least on *good* lights....) as well, doesn't sound so bad, you say, well, all these SF purchases occured within 3 weeks...

i'm just starting to shake off the SF influence...

Run, RUN AWAY NOW!, leave while you still can.....don't go into the "wall of light"

once you start down the SureFire path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume the contents of your wallet, it will!

AtomicX

Newly Enlightened
I am very pleased with my New Streamlight NF-2 , nice little Xenon 2x123 that has reasonably priced lamps (!) and very nice build quality. Blows away the Surefire G2 I returned two weeks ago...and also pleased with the freshly modded MagCharger, one of Fivemega's LOP reflectors, two heat sheilds of mica under a WA1160 superbulb.....so happy to have found this group. I hope I can contribute to the forum with meaningful posts as I learn and experiment. I have not lost my wallet to Surefire yet, as I have found some better deals on really well made lights since taking the G2 back. I can say that I have spent some money on three Streamlight torches in three weeks that all have a nice purpose in my collection. The NF-2 is my EDC, along with a pelican mightylite. The Streamlight ProPolymer has impressed me by running very brightly on rechargeable AA NiMh cells with an awesome runtime on them, and the Scorpion is a nice rubber sleeved addition to keep in the Xterra knowing the cold won't effect the 2x123 cells. The next project is modding my old 3D mag into a Mag85...and the parts just started coming in. Time now to buy some Christmas presents, then finish the Mag85 and melt the snow on my DECK !! One nice thing about a modded mag is the option to use it as a "cranium clunker" if the need arrises.. so WHAT NEW LIGHTS ARE YOU HAPPY WITH ???? lets hear it as I will need some more things to research...hehehe. Oh, almost forgot, today I won (EBAY!)a Elektrolumens XM3... thats a rugged one !! mainly bought it for a "0" $$$$ running costs backup. Will run regulated on AA Nimh cells with nice brightness and good runtime. I won't be buying ANY cells for that one. I must say thanks to all that have made me make educated purchasing decisions...and NOW, I too, am happy with my lights. CHEERS!!

:naughty::naughty: :rock::rock::rock: :buddies::buddies::buddies:

Last edited:

not2bright

Enlightened
lordsaryon said:
After that I'm probably going for another Dorcy, a Thor, and modding my 3xd M@G

If you are going to get a Thor, and do not have a Costco membership let me know. Looks like we are both in the STL area, and I know the Costco I frequent has 25 or so left.

I also have a few lights you might want to check out before making a purchase.

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a plan. I may just have to take you up on that offer (checking out the lights). I will find out X-mas eve if I have to go buy a thor or not (asked for it for x-mas ;) )

Which part of St. Louis? North, south? (I'm in good ol SoCo)