• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing the Super MJLED

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing the Super MJLED - New Update

Introducing the Super MJLED, or SMJLED.

These are a direct plug in replacement for the bi-pin incandescent lamps used in popular two cell AA/AAA flashlights.

smjled1.jpg

While the acronym is getting a little long, I couldn't think of a better way to describe these LEDs than as a Super version of the MJLED.

These are hi-power, super efficient quad die (four LEDs in one package!) 5mm LEDs that function as plug in bulbs for use in popular two cell AA/AAA flashlights. These have been reworked at the optics lab to have the their lens ground and polished into a low dome for use with reflectors.

These are even brighter than the original MJLED!

smjled4.jpg

These have the same insane 35 hour run time to 50% initial brightness, but produce significantly more light.

smjled2.jpg

SMJLEDs are in stock now, along with full drop in kits, SMJLED modified flashlights, and some new mod instructions.

The SMJLED webpage is located here:

SMJLED Webpage

If you missed out on the MJLED, or just wanted to get more, here's your chance to get an improved and brighter version.

Thanks for looking,

Lambda

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda,
I'll start with 2 kits (SMJLED,reflector and lens), and 2 loose SMJLED's.
How exactly do I go about ordering them?

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 lumens at a 100ma draw rocks!
Finally a low power 5mm quad die led that kicks out some attitude.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay Lambda,

I'll be sending cash PP momentarily for the following:

- (2) SMJLED kits............$24.00
- (1) SMJLED................ .$ 7.50
- (1) additional SMJLED....$ 7.00
Total incoming..........$38.50

Thanks, I can't wait to try them out!

Nell

Enlightened
If I am using the MJLED from before, Is this basically an upgrading of the LED with the new S? I understand that the new reflector will require some boring work on the head? That may be beyond my skill level.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL I love the Lambda slogan. We dont make the flashlights. We make the flashlights better.

My father dabbles in mathematics (actually a little more than dabbles) and I helped make him a website and put a quote on the home page, borrowed from Lambda. We dont make the numbers, we make the numbers better.
other-speech.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Lambda,

Awesome! I just checked this out yesterday, and we are ready to go today! :rock:

:paypal: for

6x IMS SO20XA Reflector
6 x Super Clear Mineral Glass Front Lens
8 x Super MJLED
EMS Shipping

Thank you! :)

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I missed out on the MJLEDs but not going to this time!

:paypal:
for 2x SMJLED and 2x super clear mineral glass.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nomad said:
Ok what batteries should I use to run this in a solitaire? :)

Nomad, I'm going to run a 12V A23 which has the form of an AAA, but is shorter. They're about $1 ea retail. I fabricated a spacer to compensate for the length that incorporates a 20 ohm resistor.

I've heard that you can run 5 mm LED's direct from this battery due to the internal resistance of the cell, but when I tried it with some generic 5 mm LED's taken out of keychain lights, they fried. 10 ohms also fried them but more slowly. So far 20 ohms keeps the LED's both alive and bright. That's where I'm going to start when I try the SMJLED, I don't want to be frying them by trial and error!

I believe you can also run (3) 1.5 volt button cells directly, but again you'll need to make an adapter. A piece of tubing holding the cells, and a long spring or solid contact will need to be devised.

Do a "Solitaire" search and you'll find a lot of info.

When I get my SMJLED and finish my Solitaire mod with it, I'll post a thread showing the details. There are some important considerations when using an LED in the twist head, but this is not the place for me to go into all the finer points.

Last edited: