Strobe flashlight

castmem

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. Not too sure where this topic should go so I figured the general area should be fine, if not.... Sorry my mistake.

Anywho here's my situation. I'm in search of a flashlight that has strobing mode that is easy to carry, very sturdy, on the smaller side, and that the strobe is extremely bright and frequent. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

-Dustin

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Night-Ops Gladius has a Strobe function. The only issue could be that it may not be the strobe frequency you're after. The Gladius strobe is intended to disorientate.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
While not strickly a strobe, the Nuwai ALX-352H has a blink mode...5w of blink.

JimM

Newly Enlightened
I have an Inova Microlight on my keyring. It has a strobe function, and is pretty bright for that type of light.
Jim

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
The Inova 24/7 has two strobes. One with four white LEDs strobing once a second and four white, two yellow and two red LEDs strobing so fast if you were epileptic, you might have a seizure. Made me sick to look at it for more than 2 seconds but great strobe say for a road emergency. Definitely an attention getter!

Also signals S-O-S morse code in 4 white LEDs.

Also a yellow-fade-to-red and back flucuator.

It comes with a mag mount for attaching metal or a headband mount for hand's free work and some wall mounts. Also a belt clip and a lanyard.

And it's small and gets good runtime.

Visit:
http://www.inovalight.com/site.html?247-ov

Andy
Scannist

Last edited:

castmem

Newly Enlightened
disorientation is what i'm going for most definatly. Let's just say that my job entails dealing with many people who become a threat. A strobe is a great non-fatal weapon to help bring them under control. All ideas are welcome. thanks.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The Indium "puck"; it's strobe mode is annoyingly bright, which would work well for your intented purpose.

I also have the Inova 24/7; it's strobe is really bright, but it doesn't disorient me at all.

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
Kryosphinx said:
I think the dorcy 3aaa light has a strobe.

Yes it does, but it isn't that fast. It's more of a blink mode.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd say the Gladius is the clear choice.

greenLED

Flashaholic
on second thought, although the Indium puck's strobe is great, it's switching mechanism wouldn't allow fast enough response. That said, the 24/7 has a rotating switch, and you have to remember which way to turn it and how many "clicks" to get it to strobe... not exactly "handy" for a split-second reaction either.

The Gladius was designed for your use.

castmem

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys. So far it's lookin like the gladius is the right choice. However if any of you have more ideas please chime in. thanks.

taiji

Enlightened
the Striker vg from Ledlogic has a strobe function. It is a bright light. It is around $110.00. I have one and like it though am not too keen on the momentary switch which Ledlogic is revamping.

castmem

Newly Enlightened
so after looking up all the lights suggested in this thread, I decided to take the plunge and buy the gladius with pouch. Set me back a bit but in the end I'm getting one more awesome light to throw into the mix. Thanks again guys.

ckc

Newly Enlightened
Q3 with the FLupic mod.. you can set frequency that the flash works on. (User Adjustable)

plus lots of other settings (High, Low, Max, SOS, etc) and works on Rechargeables!