I was given an old flashlight/screwdriver... What do I have here?

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I was given this old flashlight by my girlfriend's grandfather. I don't know anything about it, but was hoping you all could tell me about it.

It seems to be a flashlight / screwdriver combo that wraps up in its own carrying case that snaps shut. It has 4 different screwdriver bits. The only markings I can see on it are a logo with a "W" over a "T" inside a circle on the case and on the base of the light. Also it says "Made in Hong Kong" on the base of the light and on the case.

I'll attach some pictures. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of those better ideas? 2xC, I think. Early 70's vintage. Generic no-name Hong Kong.

Neither a very good flashlight or screwdriver. Doubt it has any real monetary value, but an interesting curiosity whose value lies in your family connection.

Mark

Learjet

Enlightened
I don't believe it. I had one of those! An interesting concept combining screwdriver and 2C light but as Flash Gordon said neither worked very well. Kind of like Danoz products.

Learjet

Enlightened
That was the idea. But due to plastic construction you couldn't use much force and the phillips head bits from memory were terrible.

tron3

Banned
Marketing gimmick, plain and simple. I suppose there are times when you need light to screw something, but don't have the hand free.

Much of what we buy is laden with Marketing Gimmicks. Weaties tastes the same today as they did when Bruce Jenner was on the box. That was a classic box to have.

With marketing gimmicks, the ideas are usually sound, but construction sucks wind like Bin Laden running from a cave bombing. :xyxgun:

Luxman

Enlightened
Craftsman had an interchangeable bit 2xAAA version a few years ago. It was called "The Drive Light" and it works pretty good.
Thanks for reminding me.. I forgot all about it...and my batteries were just starting to leak! :)