PATS win AFC East!!! Officially!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: PATS win AFC East!!!

o shut up:rant:im kiding but man that means my team the dolphins are out

Schuey2002

Enlightened

Who (besides those in New England) want to see them win another one?

I know that I don't! :poke:

Go Colts, Go!! :grin2:

TorchMan

Enlightened

I actually like the Pats, and would not mind seeing them win again, with all the adversity this year.

Of course I like the Colts as well, and want to see them go 19-0! Can't have both!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't count your chickens yet, we still have to wait for the Dolphins to go belly-up today. I'm happy the Pats are going into the playoffs again, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a Super Bowl appearance. I figure we'll be lucky to win the first round. But here's to hoping...

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was good to see Flutie take some snaps in the second half.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, living in Indianapolis (Go Colts!) I'd kind of like to see the Patriots not win again this year. I think this is our year though. Not just because of the perfect record this season - if anything I think that might be a hinderance. But we've beat the Patriots once this year and our defense has been by FAR our weakest link over the last few years and that is looking pretty good as well.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think so too. But I thought Indy had a good chance of beating NE last year but this year I really think so. Indy has a much more balanced team this year and it's not all Manning. Sort of reminds me when Denver was all Elway but they didn't win the big one until they had a more balanced team. The only thing I don't like about Indy is that they play in a dome and I think all football should be played out doors. Wow, Indy is the strongest but it seems like their are several AFC teams stronger then the best NFC team.

cratz2 said:
Well, living in Indianapolis (Go Colts!) I'd kind of like to see the Patriots not win again this year. I think this is our year though. Not just because of the perfect record this season - if anything I think that might be a hinderance. But we've beat the Patriots once this year and our defense has been by FAR our weakest link over the last few years and that is looking pretty good as well.

Malpaso

Enlightened

Pats/Miami last week of the season. Could be a decider.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

While I really don't think this is another SuperBowl year for the Patriots, it's enough to see some teams squirm at the thought of facing them in the playoffs. Let's not get too excited just yet. Beating up soundly on the Jets and Bills isn't exactly setting the bar too high. 'Cause ya just never know...

It's easier to remember the names of the checkout clerks at my local Walmart than the guys in the New England secondary. This year has been brutal.
Speaking of brutal, it's been fun watching Bruschi come back and play from having a stroke less than a year ago (!!). Now THAT's tough and determined! Pulled hammy or sprained ankle my @ss! Brady also seems to be having quite the year in a quiet sort of way.

If Peyton Manning loses in the playoffs this year at home, especially to the Pats, he'll have to wear a disguise in Indianapolis. It's hard not to like him, though.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: PATS win AFC East!!! (Almost)

I've lived in several major cities and I have never seen the likes of Colts fans! I mean, win or lose, Colts jerseys and jackets are all over the city, even after a very disappointing loss... I can't envision what would have to happen for Manning to be forced to wear a disguise out of shame or fear in Indy!

Now, it would be nice to see him learn to grow and take a hit like Brady does. Seems like growing up with his dad and brother, the physical stuff would have come easy to him but it looks like some hits get to him more than a lot of other major quarterbacks. Personally, I think he personally forced the defence to step up to protect him rather than stop the offensive team!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: PATS win AFC East!!! (Almost)

I thought the Pats win, but man that was a beating. Things are looking up as far as I'm concerned. Tampa Bay wasn't a pushover team and they just couldn't compete.