SF 9P v. M3?

LightBlueDevil

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, new here, have a question:

Is there any VISIBLE difference between the Hi/lo beams of the Surefire 9P and M3? Yes, i know one is 105/200 and one is 125/225 but that's a relatively small difference. So, can you even really tell the difference, and more importantly, is it worth the extra $177 for the M3? Thanks for your input.

Timson

Enlightened
I think that the M3 has a 'tighter' beam.

I have a C3...Same lamp as 9P, but I would also like an M3 although I'm having a hard time justifying the expense at the mo'.......Especially with Christmas and other expenses at this time........Don't think its 'significantly' better as far as light output goes - but it is a damn cool looking light.
If you're planning on using it with a firearm....M3 all the way.

Check out this link for beam comparison with varying surefires and other popular lights.

Tim

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

In my experience the M3's lamps produces brighter, whiter light for longer compared to the 9P's lamps.
The beams are also slightly more intense. The beams aren't as round though.
Personally I prefer the M3 rather than the 9P (etc). I enjoy the MN11 beam rather than the P91 although I mostly use the M6 with MN20 or an A2 recently.

Al

DreamScape

Enlightened
Light BlueDevil, Welcome to CPF :wave:
I like saying that bit :grin2:

IMHO, M3 all the way, Just awesome.
Yes pay the extra $$

Do an Advanced search for M3 for a wealth of information.
Check this link out: Convince me to but an M3

Goodluck on your choice

CLHC

Flashaholic
As the others have already commented on regarding the SureFire M3 already. Besides the "coolio-neato" factor, the beam that the SF.M3 puts out is as what Al already described above. Although it seems to me that both the SF.M3 and the SF.9P have roughly the same runtime.

Welcome to CPF and I hope you find what you're looking for—So Enjoy!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightBlueDevil said:
Hey guys, new here, have a question:

Is there any VISIBLE difference between the Hi/lo beams of the Surefire 9P and M3? Yes, i know one is 105/200 and one is 125/225 but that's a relatively small difference. So, can you even really tell the difference, and more importantly, is it worth the extra $177 for the M3? Thanks for your input.

Don't let these :devil: people psycho you into spending all that cash! :nana:
Heh.... What I meant is, if you are just starting out on the flashlight hobby and have a limited budget, the 9P is a great light and you can also add a turbohead later.

The $177 bucks difference can let you try a lot of other good lights.

But if you're rich or want to go for the best in each class, then maybe just go for the M6 straight... :naughty:

Timson

Enlightened
LightBlueDevil,

Well...... I caved in and ordered am M3-CB from 'OpticsHQ'.

Whatever Surefire you end up going for I recommend you go to the same place....They're doing a cracking deal for CPFers.

Check out this link.

Spend some time reading through the thread, then check out the way to get your CPF discount on post '250' and grab yourself a bargain. :)

Welcome to the club,

Tim

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
My 2 cents....

The M3 is THREE times the cost of a 9p, but it is NOT THREE times the light.

I have seen brand NEW, in box, 9p's for $60. Good luck trying to find a brand new, in box, M3 for LESS than $200.

That EXTRA $140 would buy a brand new Black A2.

Now... if you want something with a turbo head.... you can put a KT2 or an SRTH on the 9p body.... and STILL have spent MUCH less than an M3T.

Now... if you have a lot of $$$ to spend, or just really like the versatility, or you want to mount it on a weapon... the "complete M3 kit" with a regular head, and a turbo head might be for you.