Flashlight freebies

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
I thought it would be interesting to see what type of advertising flashlight freebies people have picked up. You know the type you get from trade shows or signing up for something. Here are some of mine. In the first picture are lights pens from NEC, Dell, Compaq. Also I have a light pen from Maxtor not in the photo.

free1.jpg

In this picture is an alarm clock light from Boroughs, whistle compass red led light keychain from Cisco and a red led keychain from ESC

free2.jpg

Also I have a silver AA maglite from IBM.

I'm going to a trade show next week so hopefully I will get some more lights.

:)

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I've got one of those pens just like the dell pen, exept my led is red.

I also got a AAA incan light. It says NewDay financial on it. It is really fat, and has a splotchy yellow beam. Kind of like a maglight defocused so you have the black hole in the middle, except worse. A Lithium AAA makes it noticebly brighter and whiter, but still unuseable.

carrot

Flashaholic
I've got a green Chase (Manhattan Bank) just like the Dell and Compaq pens in your picture. I remember these LED pens being featured in PopSci What's New quite awhile back.
Picked up a few cheap LED keychains from Digital Life 2005, from Verizon and some others (forgot which), but I seem to have misplaced them.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
my dad has recieved some fifty blinking LED pins from various people (mostly cisco)
~15 keyring lights, ranging from tiny little things with a '2032 and a red LED to these big monsters with...get this.....1w luxeon clones!

and about five mini lanterns.

and a mag 6d.

:p

--neg

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
commem-lights.jpg

The company from which I retired gave these flashlights to employees at various times.

The top light is a 2AAA cheapie from AT&T Teletype Corp, inscribed 1982 - Our Year for Safety, Thanks for Caring.

The bottom two are Mini Maglites obtained while working at AT&T Bell Laboratories. One is inscribed Toll Digital Switching Lab and the other is 4ESS(tm) Switch 15th Anniversary. I upgraded both Mini Maglites with LED drop-ins.

Yooper

Enlightened
Got this LED pen with my name laser engraved on it from a big pharmaceutical company. The other side of the pen has their drug names on it. You press right on the LED to turn it on. It came with extra batteries and extra ink. It actually has a decent beam, but it's really blue. They did the engraving right at the meeting in their booth.

Genentech at the same meeting (American Academy of Ophthalmology) gave me a a USB powered gooseneck 3 LED computer keyboard light, which is pretty cool. I don't have it handy for a photo.

pen.jpg
penbs.jpg

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool thread. I like freebies hehe. Some of them you guys got are pretty cool!!! (and a mag 6D, wow, that's a big freebie, as in size wise!!)

Navck

Enlightened
IBM gave me a free keychain light, one of those weird "round shaped ones". Came with my laptop bag. Good for locating outlets under desks for my laptop

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a convention-freebie wh*re too. Goes hand in hand with my gumball addiction. I have one of the red LED pens, and with the ink bottom part, and the plastic middle section off, it's a surprisingly big beam.
Also have the same blue whistle/compass/red led toy.

My brother's gf works for her father's souvenier company, and despite her going to a souvenier convention last month, she didn't bring me any goodies. :awman:
Or maybe they'll appear in my stocking!

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 weeks ago I was informed by another CPF member The Source was giving out free flashlights. Turned out to be a MASSIVE rubber armoured 3D thing. My biggest torch before I took it home was a 4AA.