What lights do you keep at work and why?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings and happy Holidays!!!

So what lights do you keep at work? I keep a 9P, Arc AA, and Pelican Sabrelight. The 9P is outfitted with a holster, SC1 spares carrier w/3 batts and a P90, plus I have a P91 also. I only keep 3 batteries in the spares carrier as I carry extra batteries in my backpack and truck. The Arc has a lithium battery plus a spare in a water tight carrier. These lights are always locked up in my desk and are now an integral part of my work issued disaster survival kit. The kit came with one chemical glow stick, no flashlight. The Pelican (and an LA) was given to me. I leave it on my desk as a loaner light. Plus our store room has extra C cells so I don't mind people using it.

To tell the truth, I have to keep the 9P at work. I purchased it this summer and suprisingly enough my wife didn't give me any s**t about buying another high end light. The same was true for the KL3 module I got for it. I love the KL3. Its not for everyone, it looks rather puny and ringy when shining it on objects closer than 10 feet. But it really projects a respectable beam at medium ranges, 20-150' IMHO. I usually don't carry extra batteries for it because of the fantastic run time, ~7 hours in regulation.

But it really bugged me that I had a bezel and 2 P90s and a P91 lamp lying around. So I got a 6P body and A19 extender for my KL3 and made my 9P whole again. I chose the 6P and extender because I typically carry a E2O and a SC3 spares carrier in my backpack. So If I ever needed to reload the KL3 in the field I could do so with 2 batteries and not have an oddball battery left in the SC3. And if I'm carrying my E1e I can have a full 3 cell reload plus a reload for my E1e. Typical Surefire flexability.

I have to keep the 2 9Ps seperated so my wife only thinks I have one. So the incan stays locked up at work. The KL3 variant is "naked" in a pouch in my backpack. I'm an Incanman at heart but the KL3 is alot easier to feed so it's my go to light.

Thanks for sharing...

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Currently I have a few lights at work. You'll notice a trend that I've got a few inexpensive lights. You'll also notice a trend of "Wife fibbing"...

Rechargeable Vector "1 Million CP" spotlight bought this summer on closeout for $14 at Target. It's here in my cubicle more to keep my wife from going all :rolleyes: if she saw it at home. I'll bust it out if we ever dare to brave camping with four toddlers in a year or two as an "What honey? That? That's been around "forever" in our "camping junk" kind of thing.

In my laptop bag in the accessible top pocket I use as my de-facto "man purse" I have a Dorcy AAA 1 watt Luxeon. It's my main go-to flashlight, and is my pseudo-EDC, since the laptop bag makes it from home and work with me every day.

In the lower compartment, I have a Garrity AAA Nichia LED. It's the "moonbeam" spotlight optic style like an Inova X1. I got it as part of a B-day package for my wife since it has virtually no spill, and came with a red filter. I thought it would be perfect for checking up on our four kids in cribs at night, but she thought I was nuts. :| She wanted to return it for credit at Wal-Mart, but let it kick around in the car for several months so I appropriated it. :D I suppose because it's my sole example of the LED spotlight style in my meager collection. And it has a red filter and zero spill, it's my "covert red night vision light". No idea when I'll use it for such. But if the need arises, it's there.

On the keychain carabiner built into the top laptop bag pocket, I have a "Neo Glow" blue LED flashlight/red laser pointer, it was an impulse buy for $2 one day. Attached to that is an Eddie Bauer re-branded LED Lenser "Micro Lenser", the tiny little red LED light that uses that funky "milk bottle with a stick" lithium 3V battery. Also an impulse buy for how skinny it is.

My sole "premium" item, a Leadlight 105 pot-modded to about 15-20mW is also in my laptop bag. It's there mostly because I am likelier to run into other "techies" at work that I want to impress than anywhere else.

Actually, come to think of it, except for a Brinkmann Maxfire in the car, and a Brinkmann LX on my nightstand at home, most of my flashlight collection goes with me to work! :eek:

Maybe I'm weirder than I thought, especially since I do computer admin work, and don't go into PC's or under desks anymore...

Last edited:

Zigzago

Enlightened
I keep an Infinity Ultra G in my desk for poking around behind the computer, etc.

Several weeks ago we had a power failure that lasted about 4 hours. I put the Infinity out so people on my floor could borrow it for trips to the bathroom.

Yes, I'm a hero.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I don't actually keep lights at work, but I have a bag containing several lights that I carry to and from work every day.

In the bag: Surefire M3-CB, Surefire M4, Surefire 9P, and several batteries for the rechargeable 8AX that lives on my belt.

If my locker at work had a mains power socket fitted in it, I could leave the SF battery charger for the 8AX batteries at work, but sadly not.

Malpaso

Enlightened
Normally I carry my E1L on my belt for work, but since it's turned cold, I've changed over to my G2 because the Nitrolon is easier to handle with either cold hands or gloves. This works well because I also have a G2 in my winter ECWCS parka.

cslinger

Enlightened
HDS Basic 60LE - Always on my person. The perfect EDC light for me.

PEAK Matterhorn AAA Ultra Snow 1 LED - Always on my keychain the perfect back up light that is always on my person.

Inova X5 Tactical - In my laptop bag. Good long burn time and good lender if necessary.

(2) Small Keychain LEDs - To give or lend if needed. Last ditch items really.

That about covers it. Unless what is a short walk outside to my truck counts.

Streamlight Twin Task 2L - Awesome basic utility light and a wonderful vehicle light.

MJLED Modded Mini Mag - Long burn time emergency candle.

Small keychain LED - See above.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep one of those cheap 7 led 2aa ebay lights at work, if it gets lost
or broken it is easy to replace, I have lost one before at a customers premises
it was never returned to me

CLHC

Flashaholic
Work location changes frequently. But in my grip/rolling-toolbox and car:
Princeton Tech Predator
SureFire 9P + P90 | SF.G2 + P60 | SF.SC
MagHID
Energizer HardCase [I'm suprised that this one works GREAT]

On my person while working:
McLux.III.PD
Mini Maglite + NexGen 750 Bad Boy TW0J
3[M]iniMag + NG750BBTW0J
SureFire E1e

When it's my turn as Flagman I'll bring/use:
SureFire M6 | SF.M3 | SF.M2

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
You had to ask that question huh?? Since I'm a police officer I have a few I keep at work in my patrol bag or on my duty belt. SL Strion in my pocket, SL Stinger XT on my belt, SL 20XP in my patrol bag and a Brinkman Maxfire LX with a BUG 3w led dropin module /w 17650 Li-ion battery in the other pocket. and a chager and dc plug for each of the SL.