New Fenix L1P holster on their website

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw this today. The holster did need major improvement.

It's about halfway down on this page.

fenixl103.jpg

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
Thier holster did need improving. My velcro came off after several weeks of limited use. Those look cool.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main thing I didn't like about the standard L1P holster is how the tailcap fit all the way flush... so it was kind of hard to get out. Actually, I preferred carrying it in an Inova X1 holster as it was easier to retrieve. Looks like this one improved that area.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the replacement or an optional one you can buy?

I like the original, because it has a flap. I HATE holsters that don't secure the top. My lights will always fall out. :(

Looks cheaper, and I don't like the attachment either. :( :thumbsdown:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the looks of it, I'd say the sides are elastic- doesn't quite look like heavy nylon like the front and back. In addition to the d-loop I would imagine there is a belt loop - it's just not visible in the pic although I can see what looks like a belt loop on the back of the L2P holster.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, the original case has a plastic loop in addition to the belt loop, but the plastic is smaller on the original.

I don't like the exposed bottom, and the lack of a secure flap. The original seems to be slightly padded too.

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
srvctec said:
Just saw this today. The holster did need major improvement.

Too bad they didn't shoot the opposite sides as well. It's kinda/sorta hard to tell if it's actually an improvement.

Andy
Scannist

mccavazos

Enlightened
This look awesome. I was always inpressed with the holsters for the Inova line (When I'm not going to be running or moving a lot). These look like a great update.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
KevinL, I just worry that with movement they might work their way out of the holster, especially the L1P. Over time the elastic might get looser too. :(

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I concur with IsaacHayes about the durability of the new holster. IMHO the new holster looks ok but lacks the features which would ensure confidence in long term use. For a start there is no retention flap, great for quick access, but awful for security. Secondly, as has already been suggested, elastic stretches. It is also liable to fray and if it does what level of securtiy does that provide?

Doug

Somy Nex

Enlightened
I just got my L2P with the new holster, and it's a pretty tight fit. there's no way the light will come out without conscious action.

Probably, the issue is the long-term durability of the holster (particularly how the elastic holds up) which will be seen as time goes by i suppose. fwiw though, the materials seem pretty (very) durable to me. :) much more so than the previous holster =)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, I emailed this suggestion to Fenix two weeks ago. Talk about customer service!

Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Suggestion

You make a good holster for the L1, but I would prefer a sheath for easy
access similar to what you are including with the L2. I was wondering if you
had any future plans on making an open topped belt sheath for the L1. I
think a lot of people would be interested in such an accessory. Basically
like in the attached picture, just a shorter version with the belt loop
placed behind the sheath instead of extending from the top.

The little protection flap on top is a good idea to prevent scratches, so if
you do make a sheath for the L1 I would suggest keeping this feature.

Thanks for reading my suggestion,

Larry

Hello Larry,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. We may take it into our consideration
in the near future. Thank you.

Best regards,
Christina Wang
Fenix Electronics Co., Ltd.
www.fenixlight.com
Email:[email protected]
Tel:+86-755-2995 5335
Fax:+86-755-2995 5051

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somy Nex: how hard is it to get it into the holster then if it's that tight..? I worry about sitting down and the bottom presses/works the light up out of the holster eventually.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Hi Isaac,

it's not that difficult to get it into the holster, but you do have to develop a method for it. basically i angle the light towards one of the front or back tabs (say towards your body), and then push it in with a 'jacking/wedging' motion. works every time. angling it against the elastic will result in quite a bit of difficulty in getting the light in :) the holster isn't ultra tight that it requires an immense amount of effort to get it in and out, but it is tight enough to grip the light well and prevent most accidental fallouts.

The back of the holster is semi-rigid, and the elastic grips the light pretty well. so if you sit down and come against something, the holster will likely swing one way or another while staying straight.

I suppose all of this is pretty glowing right now, and as I said, the materials seem durable, and the elastic is set just right imho. To me, I think the only remaining test is how well it holds up over time. The old holster style is a bit flimsy and had some loose stitching. I didn't notice any loose ends on the new holster so I didn't look at the stitching closely, but will do so when I get home tonight.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Wow. Thats just how I wanted them to be made. Like an X1 sheath.:drool:

Somebody figure out how we can get some new L1P holsers please.

Those old hosters were pieces of sh** and Im glad fenix dumped 'em. I guess soemone is making some good choices. Maybe I dont have to rule the world after all.