*.......... birthdays?

Navck

Enlightened
We'll I'm going to say the last few years has been this way for me. Nothing new, kids usually make this day pretty bad (Worse than normal). And today, one of my friend's parents decides to annoy me more than anything. Today is also the same day where I fell asleep at 2AM, and couldn't wake up well enough to go to school.
Anyone had any of these before? It just feels its getting worse and worse every year.

Edit: Title changed - Empath

Navck

Enlightened
Thanks, its just feels worse when you get older, birthdays feel worse every year since everyone could "care less since you're older now"
On the bright side (Literal), I'm getting an HDS EDC Ultimate 60XR.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on turning 15. That can be a hard age- kids can be complete jerks to each other. The plus side is that everyone who gets picked on in highschool turns out to be the cool, interesting and successful people, and the "cool" people back then work at the local gas station when they are 28. Just wait and see- don't take anything too seriously; you'll barely remember it after a few years.

Thats a seriously sweet light by the way- I wish I had one when I was 15, but they didn't exist and I was blowing all my money on Magic: the Gathering ;).

Navck

Enlightened
Actually its going to be my only high end flashlight... So I think I just got bit by the bug of flashaholism. I'm a computer person as well with a crash course through cameras and know some electronics. I also design stuff with a ruler and pencil (Scifi mostly). I also have aspergers syndrome, waaaayyy different from everyone at my school. The weird thing is, when you have your friend's mother annoy you to purposefully mess with your feelings, it feels like they can't grow out of childhood for some reason.

DarkLight

Enlightened
Dont complain, My mother was murdered on my 33rd birthday by an excon for beer money.

Yours that bad?

attowatt

Enlightened
Navck:

I use to think that when I turned 30 I would be old.... When i turned 30 i felt really old and felt that no one cared about me getting to that age. Then i realized at that pace/rate I would never see 40 yrs old... I came close to death 2 times... lost ALL my belongings in a fire once, and am divorced. I hold my head up high and enjoy each day of life as we know it here.

10 years ago I went to a homeless shelter to help pass out the meals during christmas holiday( my brother suggested I do this as a reality check). There was this black lady about 80 yeras old who was sitting at the table waiting for her meal. As i came around to give her the tray, she started joking with the kids that were about 5 years old who had no shoes, and who had very very dirty clothes. The kids were laughing and playing with the little old lady. I thought nothing of it. I even joined in on the playing with group and thought nothing of it. Then after the meal, the lady thanked me for helping out with the meal, and as she stood up she grabbed her "stick" as she is blind and walked to the door to return to the streets. I just about broke down crying and realized I dont have it that bad.

The way I see it is.... life could be worse, I could be living under a bridge in a cardboard box, or worse living on the streets. I regrouped at 31 and now I plan on blowing out 100 candles some day. I am now 45 yrs old and wish I had regrouped at the age of 17. So many years to go and enjoy life as I am a kid at heart at 45. yippee:party:

Hope your days are better as time progresses.

Jim

Arkayne

Enlightened
That's a great story attowatt. I think experiences like that great ways to reflect on your own life and appreciate everything you have. It kicks the maturity level up a notch.

And here I was posting about a gray hair in my goatee. lol

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can relate. It seemed like every Bday something bad would happen. One time I got randomly punched in the eye at school when I was around your age. Another few ones relatives got very sick/hospital. Etc.

Now when nothing bad happens, but nothing fun/exciting happens and my b-day is a bore I'm happy about it. I know someday I'll have a happy one. The hollidays and stuff too aren't too great for me right now but I won't get into all that.

Just remember as you get older to plan ahead and don't let other people interfer with your progress. If you can get a head of other people or at least stay with them in starting your life you will feel great. Fall behind and it can get to you, but don't let it, it's never too late to start doing something. Don't think about well I should of, or I could do this, just do it and get it overwith like going to college or whatever. If you always wanted to do something but never did, start doing it now. Whatever it might be. (say, lifting weights, whatever!)

Things can't be bad forever, there will be a point in your life where you are free to make your own family/life/whatever. "Scars make us tougher".

I've found the only person that truly looks out for myself, is me. You are the only person who is always with you, so you have to remember that. Be your own friend sorta speak.

Hope that gave you some "hope", even though it won't make things better now, just hang in there and be proud that you can deal with whatever comes your way and you will get through it.

I hope I made some sense too. :p