Need hepl

Vbeez

Enlightened
Try to open this light

Want to change the stock .5 watt led with Lux 3 watter. Boiled it twice, still unable to open

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take two adjustable wrenches. Use 5-minute epoxy to bond them to the head and body. Wait 30-minutes. Twist. The epoxy should provide the "grip" and should prevent marring the finish.

HTH

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same flashlight. Bought it as a low priced 3 watt model in 2004. The head on mine was adjustable for focus and the deeper than expected smooth reflector gives good throw. The clone star was screwed down to a nice flat heatsink slug that was also removable by twisting it out of the body. Lots of room for a converter of your choice under the slug . An 18500 is the largest Li-ion rechargeable cell that will fit. If you can get the head off you will find it's a very good host for a decent mod.

Try heating the head with a hair dryer. The inside threads are where the side flutes start on the lower half of the bezel (right about where the "L" key is in the picture) when the reflector is pointed up. There are about 5 full revolutions of threading on the body holding the head in place.

Vbeez

Enlightened
Thank you guys. Ill try hair dryer first. Once open I will put Lux 3 or red Lux in it, power source will be Li-ion 18500. Haven't decide which converter to put in or maybe direct driven (with resistor).

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vbeez said:
Thank you guys. Ill try hair dryer first. Once open I will put Lux 3 or red Lux in it, power source will be Li-ion 18500. Haven't decide which converter to put in or maybe direct driven (with resistor).

A Luxeon3 ***L bin ought to do it with no resistor even really needed.
Check out photonfanatic's selection in the Dealers Corner part of the forums to find such leds.
He has TV1L's on sale cheap and they are good ones to use for outdoor use.