Flickering Lambda SuperPill..

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I recently noticed that my beloved Lambda SuperPill has begun flickering. I have to fiddle with the head on the Minim@g that I have it in to just get it to light up. And even after it does light up, it doesn't last long. I also swapped out the batteries that were in there for some new ones, and it still does the same thing..

Has anyone (who owns one of these Pills) experienced this? What causes it to do this? And how can I get it to work like it did when it was new?

(Obtw, there is less than 20 minutes runtime on the Pill. It's probably even less than that.)

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same problem with one I just bought from him (from the proto sale he had). I'm gonna email him concerning it.

have you cleaned the contact on the back of the pill with dilluted rubbing alcohol?

Doug

Schuey2002

Enlightened
No. Not yet. Come to think of it, I don't think I even have any rubbing alcohol here at the house. I need to go buy some.

I took my Minim@g apart and cleaned all the grey gook out of the threads on the body and head. That seems to have done the trick. The flickering is gone. :buddies:

I think I need to put some lube on these threads? What is the best stuff to use? That Nyogel stuff? Something else? :popcorn:

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I was going to suggest cleaning the contacts; glad that worked.

I use RatShack LubeGel; it's cheap for a large tube, it's silicone-based, and does a good job.