Arc 4+ Options menu - Problem Solved!

panflute

Newly Enlightened
I just got a modified arc 4+ - original switch, modified led. The switch feels fine. The light is new to me. The SOS option does not seem to be working properly. When I go to the SOS option - the light blinks 3 times - long blinks (the letter o), then blinks 3 more times even LONGER (or I mean to say SLOWER) if I let it continue. If I select this option by holding down the button - that is what it continues to do - blinks 3 times long, then pulsates at a very dim level instead of blinking the 3 short times (the letter S). All of the other options behave in the same way. For instance, the switch lock function blinks 2 short blinks in the options menu, but between those 2 short blinks, the led stays lit and pulsates very dimly, just as in the SOS mode. It behaves like this in all modes. Like I said the switch feels OK, I feel a millimeter or so of play in it when pushing it in and the contact feels solid when I press it in. I am wondering if this a contact problem, a battery problem (I am using rcr123a), or maybe a processor problem, or maybe I am simply doing something wrong. All of the brightness levels preform perfectly. The led is a very white & bright U bin. Any comments appreciated....thanks
-panflute
:rant:

Last edited:

panflute

Newly Enlightened
Re: Arc 4+ Options menu - acting strange?

Oh yes...

I have tried resetting the light by removing the battery.
When I put the battery back in the light cycles thru the modes as it should-

panflute

Newly Enlightened
If you look at the above link you will find everything you ever wanted to know about ARC flashlights. The problem has been solved in that there was no problem - the light is functioning as it should. The SOS is at least 1/4 the speed it should be, which is why ARC says it is not the "official" SOS. The light staying on between flashes is normal due to capacitor issues.......
So if you have an ARC light or just want to learn more about lights check out the above link!
-panflute
:wave: