Took the Fenix plunge

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weee! I just ordered a L1P from lighthound.com. After alot of reading this week, particularly L1 vs. L1P, and the shootouts vs. other single cells, I think I'm gonna be mighty pleased. I only realised as I was adding to the cart, that lighthound is including the new holster with it, which made me feel even better. Also had to get a 12LED UV, since I don't have a UV yet.
Anyone else get a rush when they hit those Checkout and Confirm buttons?
So, who's gonna show me the "Fenix owner secret handshake" now?

Yooper

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
So, who's gonna show me the "Fenix owner secret handshake" now?

It's in your subject line. Because yes, it do rock!
rock.gif

All my old lights are gathering dust...

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Secret handshake?? Who told you about that?? That is a rumor. No such thing. :) :)

Blades

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
After hearing all the good stories and reading the reviews Five star rating
I finally went out and bought an L1P, was so impresed I have ordered a L2P

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Hesitated a couple of months since I already owned the Longbow Micra which is also a 1W Lux.
Could no longer hold out after seeing one in live action at a torch testing session with another flashaholic...
Became my EDC now... :)

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I too took the plunge this morning and also ordered from LightHound. I had a chance to play with a Fenix L1P last night at a CPF get together here in Germany, and was very impressed! I think I've found a new EDC.

RadarGreg

Blazer

Enlightened
Well being new to CPF (I've lurked here for a while) I finally realized that I'm not the only crazy person to have an obsession with flashlights.
Nice to see that other guy's wives think it's nuts to have more than one flashlight as well.

Anyway, I just ordered a L1P and can't wait till it arrives, hope it's as good as all the reviews and raves on this forum.

pertinax

Enlightened
Well, I'm no fan of the thing. I bought an L1P-- it's too big to go on my keychain with the mandatory stuff (keys; car remote, etc.). And it's not bright enough to bother carrying it otherwise. All the light's in a hot spot in the center-- not useful for up-close work. I do like the fact that it uses common batteries, but otherwise it's not a solution to any problem that I have.

Fortunately, Xmas is here, so I can give it away to someone less discriminating.

Guess I'll trudge on with a Photon on the key ring, and a 6P in my pocket.

Santelmo

Enlightened
I rotate it with my Q-III as my regular EDC. It's slimness though gives it more pocketability (that a word?).

BlackDecker

Enlightened
OmegaMan: I was thinking the same thing... a 6P is almost as big as a 2AA MiniMag.

While I don't own a L1P personally, I've seen the beamshots, and the L1P seems to have plenty of spill.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omega Man said:
Pertinax, how is the Fenix too big to go with keys, but you can carry a 6P in your pocket?
Easy: The 6P can live in its own poclet; a keyring light must travel with its keyring. Plus, the keyring tends to expand in unexpected directions (like thickness); a 6P doesn't.

pertinax

Enlightened
What Paul said.

The 6P can stand up on its own, next to a wallet in a back pocket, or whatever.

On a keychain, the Fenix is just one more thing to poke me in the leg. I'll keep the Photon there.

I realize the 6P and the Fenix don't fill the same niche, but it's a niche I don't need filled. If I need a little light, I have the doesn't-poke-me-in-the-leg Photon. If I need more, I have the 6P, which I carry when I expect to need a flashlight. I don't ever need a kinda dim, highly directional tiny light rattling around in the bottom of a pocket somewhere.

Your needs may be different-- but I'll be gift-wrapping my Fenix L1P this weekend...

Pertinax

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Easy: The 6P can live in its own poclet; a keyring light must travel with its keyring. Plus, the keyring tends to expand in unexpected directions (like thickness); a 6P doesn't.
I guess I can see that, but for a slim guy like me, I couldn't get a 6P in a pants pocket comfortably. I could use it in a coat pocket/inside pocket, definatly a holster. They could make a small clip for the 6P, that'd help.
I'm going to see if the Fenix can cooperate with my keys, but I'm starting to think not, from what you guys are saying. Might have to bump my TLE5 MM from the Nite-Ize Pockitz.
Thanks for your thoughts guys, everyone's opinions count.

PS-I spend too much time on my *ss to have anything other than a hanky in my back pocket!

Last edited:

Perfectionist

Enlightened
I still can't believe people didn't snap one of these up the second they were available from the group buy !! :)

Blazer

Enlightened
Just received my Fenix L1P today and I'm very happy indeed. Small package, common battery type, great light (even in the daytime). Can't wait to blind my wife tonight with the new light, already blinded myself, got that blue dot in my vision.:grin2:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I broke down and ordered a L1P from 4Sevens. It won't be here for Xmas, but looking forward to getting it next week.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
As predicted, my MM TLE5 is having a respite while I carry my new L1P. Something tells me the MM won't be seeing much action after this...