Do you caution your freinds/co-workers/family members....

Do you caution your freinds/family/etc. not to look into the light when turning it on

• Yes, i don't want them to "blind" themselves

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • No, i love to watch their stunned reactions, it's funny

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Depends on the person/my mood...

Votes: 37 46.8%

• Total voters

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
When you let freinds/co-workers/family members try your high-output flashlights, do you caution them not to look into the lens/reflector when turning it on, or do you get a morbid enjoyment out of watching their reactions as they "blip" themselves in the face with your Überlight?

i tend to warn them, unless i'm feeling particularly evil that day....

greenLED

Flashaholic
My family knows not to look into my lights.
Doesn't matter how much I warn my friends or coworkers, they always... :eek: :laughing:

quokked

Enlightened
You people are lucky u have made flashlight believers out of cynics :)
Over here in London i still have to convert more people to the power of the light :poke: :poke:

Navck

Enlightened
I usually let all the kids who treat me horridly at school grab my light, point it in their face, and turn it on. Why? They deserve it, and they make fun of me for my light and brag about "daddys 5D cell M*g" to make fun of me. Sooo I kinda laugh at how a Luxeon 1 can blind a kid for 15 seconds, or leave a giant spot in their vision for over 30 minutes in a non night-vision adjusted person.

Kershaw

Enlightened
I love it when people come over to my house and I show them my 9p, "Oh this thing couldn't be much brighter than my mini mag...(twist of the tail cap)damn, what the hell, where did ya get that, i want one!". That's what makes it all worth it, lol.

rcashel11

Newly Enlightened
Kershaw said:
I love it when people come over to my house and I show them my 9p, "Oh this thing couldn't be much brighter than my mini mag...(twist of the tail cap)damn, what the hell, where did ya get that, i want one!". That's what makes it all worth it, lol.

Is that with the P90 or the P91?

carrot

Flashaholic
If I had the spare cash, I'd probably carry a second G2 with a P61, just to let people blast their own retinas. Being a tiny bit sadistic can be fun.

On the note of sadism, I blocked all the "fun" sites at my school (under orders, but with great satisfaction), which include Myspace.com, Xanga.com, and any flash/music/video site. I enjoyed it immensely. ("You know Myspace is my life! You just killed my life! You're like... Hitler!")

Last edited:

Kershaw

Enlightened
Somy Nex said:
i can't even stop myself from looking into my lights =P :huh: :duh2: :ohgeez:

I'm even worse, i have gone from looking into flashlights to looking into the high beams of car headlights! :ohgeez:

Navck

Enlightened
carrot said:
If I had the spare cash, I'd probably carry a second G2 with a P61, just to let people blast their own retinas. Being a tiny bit sadistic can be fun.

On the note of sadism, I blocked all the "fun" sites at my school (under orders, but with great satisfaction), which includes Myspace.com, Xanga.com, and any flash/music/video site. I enjoyed it immensely. ("You know Myspace is my life! You just killed my life! You're like... Hitler!")

Wheres a BOW DOWN smiley when I need one! I hate those blog kids at my school. They're annoying. Then they also pick at my flashlight hobby and I let them eat full blast.
Must get annoying kids that drive me crazy and try to steal my homework away *Mumble to self*
Can you do a favor and block "gaiaonline.com" as well? Another site that annoys me heavily. *Bows*

Malpaso

Enlightened
When I got my first G2, I brought it to work and specifically told one guy not to look straight into it because it could temporarily blind him. A half hour later he says, "I can still see spots".

dim

Enlightened
Despite my taste for things that do things, flashlights, radios, etc.., most of my close friends are not technical and have no interest in my toys, err, I mean tools. So it is I who shine my flashlights into their eyes. That look of pained astonishment while they try to "blink out" the "spot" make any subsequent repercussions worth it.

What are friends for?

dim

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always caution, anybody who even wants to look at my Flashlights and Lasers as I don't want to be held responsible for any mishaps

carrot

Flashaholic
Navck, I'd have blocked gaiaonline.com if the NYC DOE's "Symantec Web Security" filters hadn't blocked it first. Their filters block some things (mostly excessive profanity/sexual content and popular forums), but we (librarian, site administrator, and I) decided that too many of the school's computers are being used for non-work-related things... so we (I, actually) had to figure out how to block the ones we didn't want people going to. Thinking of blocking *notes sites, too (Sparknotes, Cliffsnotes, etc), but we want teachers' permission first- seeing as how some teachers might feel those are valid resources.

No one picks on my flashlight hobby, one, because I carry my flashlights fairly inconspicuously (only a few people noticed I carry them) and secondly, because I'm the resident BOFH (b*stard operator from hell -- try googling it, if you've never heard of it). Plus I'm mostly well-liked, except by the real jocks.

Btw, Navck, what do you "blast" them with?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somy Nex said:
i can't even stop myself from looking into my lights =P :huh: :duh2: :ohgeez:

:lolsign: I gotta say I do that too
I warn people, but you know how that goes, as soon as I say don't.....

carrot

Flashaholic
And again, people go against thousands of years of natural selection, doing things they're told not to.
"Don't jump off that cliff there, Oog." *Oog jumps*

Navck

Enlightened
Can't wait till I get my HDS EDC U60XR.
I'll bring it to school and set it on maximum, going to lanyard it and leave it on my desk, I know that there has to be one kid who shines it in his eye and insults it. Well he insults it untill he blinds himself. Then s/he threatens me and such.