• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Arc-LS POP2 w/ Custom Heat Sink & McR-20mm reflector!

cgpeanut

Enlightened
I have a few polished POP2 Arc-LS with a custom heat sink slug made by a fellow CPF'er who does not want to be mentioned at this time, but believe me his work is totally amazing :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of the custom POP2 slug with a trimmed down McR-20mm Reflector in my personal Arc-LS which I EDC and abuse everyday.

IMG_6331.jpg

arcls09a.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

arcls01a.jpg

arcls02a.jpg

arcls10a.jpg

And here's the pic of the polished aluminum arc-ls bodies they will go into.

lights.jpg

arcs.jpg

glow-arc1.jpg

pic1-jpg.jpg

You have a choice of TYOH, TXOH or TWOH luxeons for color tint, and yes it comes with UCL lens, rubber o-rings etc , all you need is the R123 li-on battery. :D

$150.00 shipped anywhere!

paypal address: [email protected]
CC funded paypal adress please add 4%: [email protected]

Note: I have the lighter anodized arc-ls head with the darker anodized clickies as well.

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc-LS POP2 w/ Custom Heat Sink & McR-20mm reflector!

Hi,

Great job, looking good !
Are these lights available in HAIII and what would those cost ?

Also, are "sandwiches" sold sepperately for drop-in in me empty Arcs I already own ?

And I have an Arc LS First Run laying around, what can you suggest (or manufacture for me) ?

Thanks in advance !
George.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

bombelman,

It's Complete meaning the whole light which includes the POP2 pcb with custom Arc-LS slug, lens, o-rings, kroll switch and luxeon,.. just add the R123. li-on and your'e set. The Polished ones will have the polished arc-ls kroll tailcap clickies

like this:

BareArcLSProne.jpg

but better insides :D

I do have some that have lighter HA color heads with darker HA clickie tailcap, The lighter HA heads have the serial number and Arc Flashlight logo still intact and did not want to erase it. I'll pm you pics if you want.

Thermal transfer on these is fantastic, The slug luxeon holder itself is beefy (a lot of metal) which acts as the primary heat sink, the McR-20 Reflector acts as the secondary heat sink, then the Arc Head and tailcap dessipates the heat to your hand.

Clearance between the slug and the side of the head is just enough to slip in. Very labor intensive and expensive to make
that's why I only have a few for sale, rest will be given away as gifts.

I have two complete polished POP2 Arc-LS with McR-20mm reflector, UCL lens, Kroll switch tailcap and beefy aluminum slug holder still available.

Last edited:

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd also be interseted in a drop in type thing for my empty Arc LS. :) :poke:

Does the custom heatsink work with any other boards? Is ********* going to make more? :)

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Sinjz said:
I'd also be interseted in a drop in type thing for my empty Arc LS. :) :poke:

Does the custom heatsink work with any other boards? Is ********* going to make more? :)

If I sell only the slug then I won't be able to sell my POP2 boards! LOL! Honestly, I don't think the NG, BB, DB will work because of the dreaded conductor coil,.. It's too thick the McR-20 reflector won't sit properly (yes even if a hole is drilled in). I could be wrong, I have to try and actually test fit. but don't have the NG board on hand to try.

The slug was primariry designed to fit the POP2 board and McR-20mm reflector.

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

As drop-in replacement I meant slug, reflector, board and emitter....

( I would just drop this in with a 123 into my Arc LS and it would be complete.)

Looking forward to the pics.

Cheers !

mosport

Enlightened

Kudos Roberto for improving on the legendary ARC LS!

Looks like you have a ready market should you decide to offer a complete replacement kit. There are many ARC LS owners out there waiting for a drop-in to breathe new life into their lights (including me!).

I'd definately be interested if you start selling kits (or provide a mod service).

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice work Roberto! :wow:

I can't believe these are still available. With all the custom work and primo parts, these are a steal at the asking price!

Peter

cgpeanut

Enlightened

bombelman,

Here's the pics as promised, think of it as a surefire, you'll never get the same matching color LOL!

00001a.jpg

00006a.jpg

00002a.jpg

Sinjz,

You really want that drop in huh? Maybe we can work something out Maybe.. pm me your offer :)

mosport,

It's a drop-in, literally :D Kudos to the CPFer Machinist that made them! :bow: :bow:

00005a.jpg

LitFuse,

I know I can't believe they are still available, The McR-20mm is $20, the head $40, the tailcap $30 maybe 20 if you get lucky, Now we have not even accounted for the TXOH, TWOH luxeon star that's $22.00. Orings, retaining ring, ucl lens add that in. now, we have not mentioned fabrication of the the slug, I don't think I'll break even at $150 shipped :ohgeez:

I bought these from Doug_S himself he won the ebay bid a while back, and in the back of my mind,.. I knew fellow CPFer's will make it better someday, I fixed most of the original arc-ls pcb's but at a certain point you have to start fresh and improve.

The form factor is hard to beat I think, I'm a sucker for twisties myself.

Last edited:

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Only one available now. Jody, yours will ship tomorrow morning. Thanks

cy

Flashaholic

can't believe I missed this thread...

Nice Job with this mod!

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Roberto, very nice work. This is screaming quality.

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Thanks CY, Jody & James :thumbsup:

All polished POP2 Arc-LS are SOLD!

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
:ohgeez: I can't believe I missed this thread !

Outstanding work Roberto ! If you have any more in the future drop me a line, I'll take one for sure (polished or not) :drool:

nightshade

Enlightened
When xxxxxxx owns up to the machinist work, I'm in for 5. SINCERELY. Nice work by both of you. I will prepay.

Last edited:

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Lunarmodule, Dr_Joe, nightshade Thanks I will rely your message to the unknown machinist.

He made me a couple with a trimmed down Q3 reflector, nice flood beam and fit.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

nightshade

Enlightened
That type of work is a very considerable investment in time and material. I perfectly understand not wanting to invest energy and time into something that may not be profitable. Again, cool lights- great work from you both.