Question about paypal refund

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought or attempted to buy some parts for making an HID light from someone in California. I received an email thanking me for the order, kind of a personal email. It also said to use a non aol email address cause of something with the internet. Told them I had a yahoo one if that was any better.

The next day received another email that they were unable to sell me the parts I wanted, suggested something else like a 2 for one deal than single unit. My email was rejected. Their website was down. Ised google and got a cached copy of the site. Called number, got VM, left message. Third day nothing, fourth day got email that they cant sell me single units til some time in next quarter. I asked for a refund, for emails from paypal that I was being refunded the amount.

OK, thought I may of been taken for a ride and now my problem is over. At least I thought so. Turns out the email from paypal says I will be refunded the amount when the funds are avaliable in the persons account. What? They took my money, spent it, now i have to wait for someone else to place an order before i get my money back????

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
cobb said:
I bought or attempted to buy some parts for making an HID light from someone in California. I received an email thanking me for the order, kind of a personal email. It also said to use a non aol email address cause of something with the internet. Told them I had a yahoo one if that was any better.

The next day received another email that they were unable to sell me the parts I wanted, suggested something else like a 2 for one deal than single unit. My email was rejected. Their website was down. Ised google and got a cached copy of the site. Called number, got VM, left message. Third day nothing, fourth day got email that they cant sell me single units til some time in next quarter. I asked for a refund, for emails from paypal that I was being refunded the amount.

OK, thought I may of been taken for a ride and now my problem is over. At least I thought so. Turns out the email from paypal says I will be refunded the amount when the funds are avaliable in the persons account. What? They took my money, spent it, now i have to wait for someone else to place an order before i get my money back????

Sorry about your bad experience with that seller, but I think it takes paypal 3-4 days to withdrawl the funds back out of the users bank account if the paypal balance doesn't have enough in it to cover it. So, I guessing the paypal account holder transfered the money to his bank account or spent it using the papypal balance.
I hope you get your money back.
P.S. paypal does have buyer protection for these kind of things for up to $500 I believe.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh? Think I should of gotten the extra warranty they offer during a purchase? I thought paypal was rather secure, plus you can get them to reverse a charge.

Yeah, makes you think twice about using it. I rather just give out my credit card info lately than paypal. I know many members here use it and have neat stuff for sale too.

I had to give my credit card info anyway on top of the paypal account i setup a few years ago, but seldom use. I guess I could call the credit card company and dispute the charges?