Christmas Program Gone Fenix!

rmacias

Enlightened
Well I just got back from my kids Christmas program, which is held at the school were they attend. It started with me taking my 2-year old daughter to her classroom. She had the pre-show jitters and would not stay with her teacher and classmates. So out comes the Fenix L1P, it was the only thing she would take in order to stay. I turned it on and left it on low mode, no harm I thought.

So my wife and I are sitting in the audience waiting for them to come out dressed in the reigndeer costumes. Out come all of the kids in her class including her and she still has the L1P in hand (low mode). They line them up to sing the Rudolf song and I see her start fiddling with the L1P. The next you know....BAM! on comes the Fenix high mode. I hear the parents start saying WOW that is a bright flashlight.

The music and the dancing start and my daughter begins waving the L1P around. The next thing I see are parents in the front row ducking left and right as the beam is blinding everyone. My wife starts with the elbow to the ribs for me to do something. I tell her no way because I was enjoying it too much, it was hilarious.
crackup.gif

A classic Christmas moment.

RJM

my name is fake

Enlightened
rmacias said:
Well I just got back from my kids Christmas program, which is held at the school were they attend. It started with me taking my 2-year old daughter to her classroom. She had the pre-show jitters and would not stay with her teacher and classmates. So out comes the Fenix L1P, it was the only thing she would take in order to stay. I turned it on and left it on low mode, no harm I thought.

So my wife and I are sitting in the audience waiting for them to come out dressed in the reigndeer costumes. Out come all of the kids in her class including her and she still has the L1P in hand (low mode). They line them up to sing the Rudolf song and I see her start fiddling with the L1P. The next you know....BAM! on comes the Fenix high mode. I hear the parents start saying WOW that is a bright flashlight.

The music and the dancing start and my daughter begins waving the L1P around. The next thing I see are parents in the front row ducking left and right as the beam is blinding everyone. My wife starts with the elbow to the ribs for me to do something. I tell her no way because I was enjoying it too much, it was hilarious.
crackup.gif

A classic Christmas moment.

RJM

:laughing: :popcorn:

BTW, this is a modded L1p right?

rmacias

Enlightened
my name is fake said:
:laughing: :popcorn:

BTW, this is a modded L1p right?

Yes it was a modded L1P with a 10 ohm resistor. The low mode is kid safe...that's until they figure out how to click on high mode.

RJM

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine took the EL XM-3 to the school concert,
there were comments oooh its bright, such a compact light
where did you get that. That was before I got my L1P

rmacias

Enlightened
Beamhead said:
What.....no video:awman:

Thanks for the laugh.....:crackup: :p

I forgot the digi camcorder but I'm sure some parent got it on video. I will have to ask around for it. I definetely want it for the family archives. :)

RJM

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I'm giving one to everyone in my department at work next week. (Major finantial ouch!) What the heck, it's Christmas! Outta 16 people, might generate another flashaholic to further pollute the board! :D

Larry

Robban

Enlightened
rmacias said:
I forgot the digi camcorder but I'm sure some parent got it on video. I will have to ask around for it. I definetely want it for the family archives. :)

RJM
If you get a copy you must share it with the rest of us! :D I'll gladly host it for you, just PM me if you get your hands on it :)

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starting a budding flashaholic out young huh? Bet that was hilarious to see.
Did the devil make you do it???:devil: :devil:

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
:crackup: Great story!

Sinjz, even a common colored 5mm LED dropped into a 2AA minimag (no resistor) seems too bright for a little one. I guess ours just learned not to stare into the beam.