Looking for a long lost friend.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
More than 7 years ago, probably about 8 years, I met a guy online, I was playing the game Diablo (not Diablo 2, but the first Diablo) and I met him on diablo's server battlenet. Somehow due to similar interests in gaming we became friends and he snail mailed me some photographs of himself, family and his home. I promised to write back but I never did except for a few emails. I also bought some postcards with photographs of my country intending to send it to him but never did either. I have to admit that I was a real lazy boy. Months past and contact was lost when email address was changed, and months became years.

Recently I was clearing out an old drawer and saw his letter and those postcards I bought years back. I felt really bad for not fulfilling a promise. I would like to contact him again but wasn't sure if he would remember me. I guess if I send him back one of his photographs he would.

His address was in Woodlawn Ave, Columbia, USA. Problem is, how can I be sure if he is still staying there? Because if his not, my mail there would probably be dumped or lost and I wouldn't know if I manage to contact him.

Assuming if he moved, how could I find out where he moved? Is there any local websites to help locating a person

Suggestions?

Thanx.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which state?

There's probably a Woodlawn Ave. in most cities named Columbia. Like in Missouri and South Carolina.

Google for search engines, locators. Lots of tools there.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Yes, its scary. Now I realised he has another address in Hopkins. But I can't find any emails. Perhaps I will try snail mailing both addresses.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
You also might want to try a generic whitepages such as dexonline.com or the like. If you know his name and the city he was in you can see if he is still listed.

-Mike