Blown Fatman Confirmation

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
I was testing the voltage between the LED- & GNd and maybe I connected to wires sticking out and bam no light. I get a tiny bit of super small light when the pots turned all the way up thats it. Was wondering if theres a way to test the board to see if its a confirmed kill or fixable? Please help my blundering foray into the wilderness of the FATMAN!!!!

ktronik

Enlightened
:ohgeez: :ohgeez: what were you thinking??? NO good can come from shorting LED- to ground...that is what you did, the fact that the meter was in the middle makes no difference... :poof:

Enlightened
Like daBear said send George a message or email. George will probably be able to fix this for a very reasonable rate (more than likely it will be less than half the cost of a new fatman).
Good luck,

Chris

elfen1

Newly Enlightened
Andrewynn wrote this:

Quote"If you are using the fatman you can just measure the mV reading from the LED- to the GND.. multiply by 10 and it is mA.. It would be interesting to measure first in AMPS to see how close the two read. "

So I put my meter on volt and measured it and it didnt short , I think I shorted it by hitting another wire with my probe!

ktronik

Enlightened
Ohh I see, I have not used the fatman...but on georges other drivers that would be BAD...I take it all back...Now I am the idiot!!! :) still does not help...