NOC M@g modding v easy to do!!!

ktronik

Enlightened
trilux NOC2.jpg

Exploiting the 'old C' switch retainer thread, in the 'old C mag', I cut it down & screwed the tailcap into the little bit left...woha a NOC m@g!!

Using 1/ CR123A & SHO micropucks, I will be offering RX0H 1 & 3 lux units driven @ 500ma each... the trilux version should last 30min at least...(still testing)

It is a very easy mod to do...a great little pocket rocket w up to 6k lux ( single version)...

enjoy

Ktronik

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It reminds me of the old movies where the comic hero pulls out his sword and only has the hilt in his hand.
Carry that in a 6D pouch and pull it out as needed.

I suspect NOC means two less than a 2C light no - C.

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
That would make a killer bike light. I was going to do something similar with a D Mag but that's even better.

If it could be cooked up with a fatman, 1 or 3 nice bin LUX, RCA power input connector, and some sort of handlebar mount... Perfect.

ktronik

Enlightened
its a lot of FUN!!!

Cue: we have 3C's, 2C's, 1C & now NO C... :laughing:

TomBrown: you missed my last post of the UX1K noC trilux bike light w my new CC5W dimmer mod... click here RCA sockets have a habit of bouncing out when you least need it...I use 2.5mm id / 5.5mm od DC plugs as they as standard for bike lights now...

you see that is the trick...I pull out the hilt of the sword, the guy thinks, ha I have won...then I turn it on!!!! & he is blinded, & goes home crying to his mommy... :touche:

the SHO micropucks have just hit Australia...very handy...even better in BUCK config...

If anyone needs more of a rundown on the NOc bit...please let me know...

enjoy

Ktronik

Niteowl

Enlightened
ktronik said:
its a lot of FUN!!!

If anyone needs more of a rundown on the NOc bit...please let me know...

I'd like to know more!

I can just imagine the looks on the faces of those who already think I'm nuts.

ktronik

Enlightened
Re: NOC M@g modding NEW PIC's

NOC update:

nocfined.jpg

My finned version came today...this is a proto...I will make a tool to make the job easier...got some spare tool steel...still deciding on how many & how deep...its a good start...

ktronik

Enlightened
Niteowl said:
I'd like to know more!

I can just imagine the looks on the faces of those who already think I'm nuts.

OK,

The body is cut just above the switch hole...the tail cap is cut down to about 1 & 1/2 threads as the pitch is a little different...this allows it to screw in...the o-ring ends up being forced inside the body to seal it...another o-ring is placed on top to make it look pretty...it does up real tight & wont come lose

when using it for a bike light, the clamp is around that part, so the second o-ring is not needed...I used a CC5W in the bike version...w DC plug on the back...or dimmer pot on back & power out the side...or you could use the bike version, in hand, w remote battery pack for the cold...

Please note this will work ONLY ON, OLD C M@GS.

enjoy

Ktronik

ktronik

Enlightened
BTW if anyone wants the dimmer mod for the CC*W please let me know

gives sweep of 40-1000ma, via 9mm pot...

Enjoy

Ktronik

Latest posts