• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Custom Ultralight Fire~Fly 2

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
Custom Fire~Fly 2 for sale:
FF2 123 w/ BB750 Lux 3-T, alloy heatsink, reflector, UCL lens and spare parts kit.

Specifications-

Size - 2.7" long x 0.8" diameter (69mm x 20mm approximately)

Weight - less than one ounce (25 grams) without battery

Material - body and bezel rings are 7075 Aluminum (aerospace grade)

Heatsink - also called the "head", the original head was copper weighting 17 grams, but this custom version has an aluminum head that weights only 5 grams!

Finish - Hard Anodizing Type III in Gun-metal (deep blue-grey)

Power source - one CR123 Lithium battery available from multiple sources for under $1.25 each (optional CR2 battery cell holder/body may be available from the Sandwich Shoppe). It is also possible to use rechargeable R123 batteries with this particular unit.

Regulator - Sandwich Shoppe (dat2zip) BadBoy 750 sandwich

Light Source - Luxeon III T-binned high-powered LED (hand-picked, this is the best of the three BB750 sandwiches I've purchased)

Runtime - approximately 45 minutes with lithium battery

Brightness - rated at 65+ Lumens (1600 Lux). Because of it's extreme brightness, this module gets very hot and in such a small flashlight it is meant to be used intermittently, not continuously.

Switch - twist on/off

Optic - multicoated UCL (ultra clear lens) 2mm thick with a very high transmission factor

Reflector - original options were molded plastic optics (NX05 or Fraen). This custom version has a hand modified SO17XA reflector for a smoother & whiter round-shaped beam. Due to everyone's problems in fitting these reflector, the mirror coating shows a ring where the reflector's plastic was ground so very thin.

Weatherproof - All parts have O-rings for a reasonably water-tight seal

Part Kit - a few spare parts just in case: an original body o-ring, a "Better-Fit" body o-ring, a sandwich retaining o-ring , a sandwich retaining clip and a battery contact screw.

Condition - excellent! I've carried it a bit and some wear can be seen on the points of the checkering, but it's still in very nice looking condition.

Price - $185 (cash paypal only) that includes shipping by standard airmail with delivery tracking to anywhere in the world.

I will not be responsible for loss/damage once the item has been shipped. Insurance/Registration available at additional cost.

First "I'll take it" gets it, then e-mail me ([email protected]) for paypal info. I only check this post once or twice a day, so if you ask questions without committing you might miss this deal.

and if you'd like me to e-mail you a photo i took of it, i'd be happy too! sorry, but i couldn't figure out how to post it here...

Thank you,
coyote

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi coyote, i think most are waiting for the firefly3 which is coming pretty soon and comes with a r123 and charger. it has a reflector, multiple levels and other features and sells for $130. check it out here