I think I've killed my fenix l1p

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Open the light and clean off the gel and make sure nothing is touching the contact on the back of the LED. Some users have posted that small pieces of packing styrofoam got wedged in there.

MVB

Newly Enlightened
jezzyp said:
All I did was put some of lighthounds nyogel on the screw threads and now it won't light.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!
In addition to what BlackDecker suggested, have you checked to see if the plastic switch-retaining ring (edit: it's a metal ring) is screwed all the way in? Some of them are shipped from the factory with the ring a little loose (including mine) and if the ring is loose you can have switching problems. Tighten up the ring, and the problem goes away.

MVB

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check to your switch, (on the inside), make sure the retaining ring is screwed all the way down. The retaining ring holds the switch in.

jezzyp

Enlightened
My baby works again. :thanks: I had the middle barrel bit upside down! I have discovered that it only lights one way round. One of my work coleagues came very close to having his Christmas present unwrapped...

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry (I hope).

Something like this happened to me too. Nothing was damaged really. It goes like this:
Some of the lube got rather down inside the tailcap and lubed the part where the silver metal disc resides. Because of this, the metal disc will unscrew once in a while from its normal position while unscrewing the tailcap, thus preventing the tailcap from being fully fastened and closing the electrical circuit.

Now the solution:
You might have noticed the the metal disc has two small concavities. Just stick the tip of a ball point pen, or perhaps a thin metal rod, or the tip of a thin screwdriver in one of the concavities (anything that will fit inside the small concavity) and screw the metal disk back in with a circling motion.
That's all in my experience.

It happens to me too when unscrewing the tailcap, but it's nothing to worry about (I hope :) ). I've got used to screwing the metal disc back once in a while.

Hope this helps you too.

Seems you already made it work again. Glad to hear it :)

Last edited: