CRUEL & UNUSAL Punishment !!

skillet

Enlightened
The very thoughts of this incident still brings tears to my eyes and grief to my mind.. Its hard to even relay the story in print.....

It had been a long day. Rain and cold here in the Bluegrass. I was just wanting to get home and call it "done for the day".. I happened to remeber to pull into the local post office and check the mail. Just one more thing to keep me out longer on an already lengthy day. "Oh, the orange key to unlock the bigger PO boxes," I said to myself. I unlock the door, removed the USPS box and read the return label. A glimmer of sunshine in the dark..."LIGHTHOUND"..

I put the box in the seat and drove the 4 miles home. "What's that" my wife said as I entered our small but happy home. It has become a little more "cluttered" over the last 11 months, but everbody seems to deal with it OK.

"I believe this is my Christmas present" I said and I opened it up and sure enough..a HDS B42.. Hurriedly but carefully, I opened the rugged ziplock bag and removed the contents. Euphoria soon ensued. Bright, dim, brighter, dim, on and on and on. Pure unadulterated lumenatic pleasure.. But wait, the story takes a horrific turn....

Later that evening.....

"Where is my light?" I asked.
"What light" she said.
"You KNOW what light!!"
"It's a Christmas gift, your only gift might I add" she said.
"AND?!!?" I questioned.
"It's under the tree. See?"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!"
"Yes"

So close, but so far.. And there it lies. Alone. In the dark. It just not right. She could have at least put a squeeze light in there for company. You know, I've got half a mind to go in there right now and.... never mind. I'd just have to go to bed mad.

Gordon

Last edited:

bruner

Enlightened
Same thing here...

I got a Led Lenser 4 color recon light in the mail last week. It's my Christmas present. My lovely wife (after allowing me to open it and determine it works) abruptly took it away and placed it in hiding until the 25th.

It did sit on the kitchen counter that night, so after she fell asleep, I was able to fondle it for a while. Of course, it dissapeared the next day. Now I just have to wait.

Dan
:(

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Women.

Geez, that's awful. Heartless. They really know how to hurt a guy. Now wait, you'll open it Christmas morning and find she's swapped it with a Mag Solitaire or something.

Scott

Roy82

Newly Enlightened
Same thing has happened with my L1P from my mum:mecry:. It's just not fair damnit! Ah well, only 10 or so more sleeps till we are reunited :sleepy:

AuroraLite

Enlightened
beezaur said:
Women.

Geez, that's awful. Heartless. They really know how to hurt a guy. Now wait, you'll open it Christmas morning and find she's swapped it with a Mag Solitaire or something.

Scott

And found out later that she has claimed the HDS as her EDC while you are required to carry the stock Solitaire as your EDC...now that's cruelty. :crackup:

Seriously, pause for a moment and think about this: if you could just manage to open the box, extract your light and successfully replace it before the Christmas morning.... :poke: :devil:

skillet

Enlightened
I thought I be guilty of the recent rash of "old thread" bumps...

I still wear this light around my neck (Mon-Sat) and in my pocket at Church on Sunday....

"Often imitated, but never duplicated"

Yeah, I think it's just the great!!

Gordon

By the By... I did by a EDC Something-or-other but only packed it a couple of days and sold it....

Last edited: