Storms damage animal rescue

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whew, the last round of ice/snow did some real damage at the animal rescue I volunteer at. The budget is alway tight there but this has put a hurting on them.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/122005/12102005/151721

Should anyone feel like donating a couple o' bucks (or some time if you are nearby) via paypal PM me and I'll give you the addy or you can check out their webpage at http://www.rikkisrefuge.org/

Edit: Update. I've bought a couple of rechargable spotlights for "animal roundup" use. I'm also trying to assemble the funds to buy 4-5 Princeton Tec EOS headlamps for them to use. Parts of the animal runs are unlit and since it's a bit out in the country they are subject to frequent power failures...then nothing is lit!

If anyone has other suggestions for lights please keep in mind the following...
-They are on a very tight budget
-The lights will get used for mostly close to medium range
-The lights will get used under the absolute worst of conditions (simplicity and durability are the top priorities, a beautiful beam is at the bottom).

Thanks

Last edited:

Navck

Enlightened
Strange, I live in OC and the only area with snow is Big Bear... That refuge must be located far away. (From where I am)
Sorry, I'm not old enough to even sign up for paypal either..

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update, I was talking to the director of the refuge and apparently there was quite an outpouring of support to their paypal account shortly after I put this request out and it really made a difference. She wanted me to send out a general THANK YOU to everyone who helped during that crisis.

Also a heartfelt THANK YOU from me!

atm

Enlightened
Having spent the last decade or so working in domestic animal welfare (for not-for-profit organisations) I know how hard it can be to get the funds to keep going from day to day, let alone when the unexpected strikes!

Sounds like there's some great work being done there, all the best for getting everything back in order ASAP!

Andrew

carrot

Flashaholic
zespectre said:
If anyone has other suggestions for lights please keep in mind the following...
-They are on a very tight budget
-The lights will get used for mostly close to medium range
-The lights will get used under the absolute worst of conditions (simplicity and durability are the top priorities, a beautiful beam is at the bottom).
Minimag with NiteIze?

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carrot, good answer.
Actually I bought them 12 of the River Rock 2xAAA lights (that took a while to collect!) two EOS headlamps, and two very nice rechargable spotlights.