took a peek at moms fenix l1p gift WOW

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to make sure that the light works, so I took a peek at it... here are my thoughts. This outthrows micra, q3, and it is very small. The clicky feels good and the build and beam quality is great.... must resist.

-David

not2bright

Enlightened
cheapo said:
I had to make sure that the light works, so I took a peek at it...

What ever you need to believe so you can justify playing with the light. :laughing:

Cheapo, you should just add it to your signature now. You know you want one. :grin2:

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
imagine a light brighter than a 4D mag, with no bulb to replace, uses a single AA, and fits on your keychain (using wire to attach because hole is too small for keyring) whats it worth to always have a "full powered flashlight" in your pocket? resistance is futile on this one. currently I am resisting a new Dorcy CR123 1 watt and the iLUMiBEAM

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
I had to make sure that the light works, so I took a peek at it... here are my thoughts. This outthrows micra, q3, and it is very small. The clicky feels good and the build and beam quality is great.... must resist.

-David

Yeah I can't wait till I get my L2P from 4sevens.

dagger10k

Newly Enlightened
tsask said:
imagine a light brighter than a 4D mag

As much as I'd like it if my Fenix were brighter than my 4D mag, that's definitely not the case. Don't get the wrong impression here.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont tempt me guys.

-David

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OTB... nice collection. Those lights are well known; a lot of people are curious about those lights, so if you could post some beamshots of your lights, that would be cool. I an esspecialy curious about the amilite. Just a thought.

-David

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
onthebeam said:
My Q3 easily outthrows the Fenix. You must have an extra good one. . .

Or you might have one of the infamous 'faulty' L1Ps... Hope not, otherwise you would not have enjoyed the true Fenix experience everyone is raving about.

cary

Newly Enlightened
I bought one as a holiday present for my father in law after I caught him looking at a Streamlight scorpion. I am about to order 3-5 more. I really shouldn't have "tested" his.

onthebeam

Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
Or you might have one of the infamous 'faulty' L1Ps... Hope not, otherwise you would not have enjoyed the true Fenix experience everyone is raving about.
No, I love my Fenix. It's terrific. But it's not as bright as the Q3. Doug's tests show them to be close, with the Q3 a tad brighter overall. My Q3 is indeed very bright as recent models have been outfitted with good, high quality bins such as SWOK. The Fenix is outfitted with R bins from what I recall.

JDJ

Newly Enlightened
Is the L1P a clicky? I'm sure it's buried in other threads at some point, but I've too much MaCallan to reaaly work hte search function at this time. :buddies:

Yes, I'm new. Just a bit of introductory background info. My mother reports that I've had an affinity for flashlights since I was a wee lad. My other vices include, in no particular order, guitars, firearms, furniture building, scotch (perhpas I mentioned that earlier), and pretty wimmen. Since I am the proud father of three daughters, however, I have pretty much been cured of the wimmen thingy. Hence my incessent need for flashlights and such.

Thanks for listening... confession good for the soul and all that. :poof:

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
David,

Buy me!!!!

dsc013963jl.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
JDJ said:
Is the L1P a clicky? I'm sure it's buried in other threads at some point, but I've too much MaCallan to reaaly work hte search function at this time. :buddies:

Welcome to CPF, JDJ!
The L1P is a reverse clicky.
Juuuuusst in case you don't know what a reverse clickie is :-

1) Light off - click to on
2) Light on - press slightly to momentary off
3) Light on - click to off

Have fun here!! :party:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
dagger10k said:
As much as I'd like it if my Fenix were brighter than my 4D mag, that's definitely not the case. Don't get the wrong impression here.
alright I'll admit it's been a while since I fired up my 4D Mag,:sssh: so I'll say the 1LP can outshine a 2 D Mag... I am looking forward to comparing my FENIX to my soon to arrive from ELITE LED, INOVA T-1:touche: