I am done with lights

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Hello. Another thread made me think of this....

I am done with lights. I have all i need. Nothing new is really sparking my fancy.

I sell lights i dont use, or can't afford.

here is my Inventory... feel free to share yours....

I only have:

One 10 Mil CP Thor... Show off/ take into the woods light

One Elektrolumens Tri Star Phazer... dedicated house light.
One Surefire 9P... EDC
One Inova X5 red leds.... this is my battery drainer/bathroom light/night house light

One Brinkman Maxfire... in the car
One 2aa Mag... in the car
Then in my car I keep 6 123a batteries, in 3 waterproof matchstick containers.

One Key chain LED light.... free with my lighthound purchase

Thats it. everything else i have sold to others.

And seriously I am done for right now.

Anybody else with me?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. let me think.

Nope.. I am 18 and already have:
- G2 + Kl3 + Beamshaper
- Surefire L2
- Surefire E1L
- Surefire e2e

It is highly doubtful that I will stop collecting within the next few decades.

-tom

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sort of with you.. I have all I need but I just can't shake that nagging feeling there may be just one more, but just one.. :)
EDC KL4, E1L
Big light, 9P
House light Elitemax
Keychain Photon Freedom
I usually have my L4 body with KL1 too..
Lots more on the shelf, but these see daily use...

Learjet

Enlightened
And seriously I am done for right now. Anybody else with me?

Not yet. I've only just started. :) I'm trying to lighten up on my model plane hobby, my satellite TV hobby, my amateur radio hobby, my astronomy hobby, my gardening hobby, my cat hobby etc etc etc...

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think I have all I need for the time being. Right now I have:

SL 4AA
Fenix L1P
RR 2AAA
Dorcy 1AAA (Nichia mod) x 2
RR 4AA Lantern
Petzl Tikka Plus
around 20 keylights
and my GF bought me a ARC AAAP for christmas (which I won't be getting by then. :mecry: )

I am starting to think that I have enough flashlights, and that I might want to slow down for a while. I kind of want a super power modded Maglite, but I have no clue on how to make one, so I doubt I will ever actually have one.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Not just yet—Although having some of what I already have [sig line], seems to content me for the time being.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I'm trying really hard to stop any further new light purchases on my part, bexause, like you, i think i have all the lights i need....

sad thing is, i *know* i'm going to keep buying them, my tastes will just get more refined (pronounced "expensive" ;) )

i hope you have better luck than i

i'm trying to limit myself to these lights;

EDC;
SF 6P and G2 (sometimes EDC, sometimes car light, it's *supposed* to be a car light, but i tend to bring it along with me, even though i have a 6P.....)
Inova X1 and X5

Home;
Coleman 13W "quad tube" flourescent lantern
Mag 6D
Grundig dynamo shortwave radio/LED light
generic cranklight
minimag with nite-ize

car;
Inova 24/7
generic cranklight
SureFire G2 (when i'm not EDC'ing it....)
Husky worklight

Last edited:

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Hardly! I havent even bought my first incan yet... and Im still waiting on my freakin Arc! I see no light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe a few more lights and I will be the light INSIDE the tunnel.:naughty:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Oh yeah, I've been with you since I bought my Inova T4. Don't need nothing else. Then, I got the HDS U60. All my bases are really covered now, right? So, I added a light or two, like the Peli M6 Lith., SF A2, G2, U2, Orb Raw, LionCub, LionHeart, SL TL-3, M*g74, a couple of VB-16s, Gladius, etc. Nothing major mind you. I'm done now. No, really, I am. I can stop anytime I want. Right after the Son Of Raw, the Indium Smart, the Chameleon...

Bwaaaahaaahaaaa.

Hello, I go by TorchMan, and I'm a flashaholic...

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Nice to meet ya SS, hope to see ya back on the boards!!

Good luck with all your new extra money!! (From not buying lights)

-PSM

HEHEHEHE

Thanks for the laugh.... this was NOT a "i'm leaving and never coming back" thread. This was more of a "i think i am in a cooling off period, and will just be answering questions, and seeing what you all build and design"

That "extra" money has already been ear-marked.... some of you might not know what this is .... but i MUST have a SCAR Rifle.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once said that, it lasted about a year. Recently bought a bunch more. Now I have enough lights. This time I mean it...

Arc AAAr4 (2), Arc AA, Arc LSH-S, E1e*, E2O*, E2D, G2 w/BOG 3W, L2, 9P*, 6P+A19+KL3*, 3D Mag, Pelican Super Sabrelight, various keychain lights, stuff given to me that I would not buy myself but the gift givers intentions (not taste) were good, mini-mag w/Opalec, Tikka, and Tikka+. Most of the Surefires have holsters and fully stocked spares carriers.

* Purchased after 1st broken promise not to buy more lights.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
StainlessSteel said:
HEHEHEHE

Thanks for the laugh.... this was NOT a "i'm leaving and never coming back" thread. This was more of a "i think i am in a cooling off period, and will just be answering questions, and seeing what you all build and design"

That "extra" money has already been ear-marked.... some of you might not know what this is .... but i MUST have a SCAR Rifle.

Man, you have good will power to stay on the boards and NOT buy lights!

:goodjob:

-PSM

paulr

Flashaholic
I've always had a thing for flashlights so I don't expect I'll ever be "done" with them. But yeah, my light buying has slowed down, or at least I hope it has. It goes up and down depending on my finances (which tend to be variable).

cary

Newly Enlightened
Yea, me to. I came here about 2-2.5 years ago after receiving a Surefire E1e as a present and it ended up costing me a Streamlight Twintask and Surefire 6p (I already had a Streamlight Stinger and 4 Scorpion (1 for each car, and one for home). At that time I figured that in a few more years, LED's would be coming on really strong.

I popped back in two weeks ago when I sent my E1e to be fixed and found that LED's have come a long ways. It has since cost me a Fenix L1P for a gift, a clicky tailcap for my 6p, a Surefire L2, a Surefire U2, and now 3-5 Fenix 1LP lights as presents. I am going to leave before I order a HDS.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are ready to back off with just that in your arsenal, then I must appologize on behalf of us all. We have let you down, and we must admit it. We should have done a better job, but perhaps if you are sticking around there will still be time. It might be an uphill battle from here, I am sure that we can swing it though. You see if you quit now then we have not yet converted you to the LIGHT SIDE!!!! Common man, be a flashaholic. Don't leave us to our misery on our own. Join us. You know you want to. Just one more. You know that next light is calling your name. If you will only admit it, then you too can be one of us. A FLASHAHOLIC!!!!!!!!

Blazer

Enlightened
I've learned that "need" has nothing to do with flashlight ownership...it's a crazy obsession and "want" has everything to do with it. I've convinced myself many times that I "need" another flashlight....but in reality I need another flashlight like a hole in the head.