Arc AAA Premiums for sale at Lighthound.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathah

Newly Enlightened
I just checked Lighthound and they now have Arc AAA Premiums for sale on their website. I've seen them on Ebay from Lighthound but noticed today they were now offering them on their website: LINK

Last edited:

NoShadow

Enlightened
heathah said:
I just checked Lighthound and they now have Arc AAA Premiums for sale on their website. I've seen them on Ebay from Lighthound but noticed today they were now offering them on their website: LINK

You neglected to mention the additional premium added to the lights...the price for being unwilling to wait. $7.00 and $8.00 respectively...standard and premium.

randyo

Enlightened
$8 is not so bad to avoid an 8 week delay. I've seen much bigger markups.
Look at it from the retailer's view. If he buys 50 lights from ARC, he's tying up $2000 of his own money for 8 weeks. IF he sells all of the lights, he makes $400, minus the Visa and/or Paypal fees. He's taking a risk - what if ARC goes under while he's waiting for his lights? Stranger things have happened...

Mark2

Enlightened
randyo said:
$8 is not so bad to avoid an 8 week delay. I've seen much bigger markups.
Look at it from the retailer's view. If he buys 50 lights from ARC, he's tying up $2000 of his own money for 8 weeks. IF he sells all of the lights, he makes $400, minus the Visa and/or Paypal fees. He's taking a risk - what if ARC goes under while he's waiting for his lights? Stranger things have happened...

$400 is just what he makes ADDITIONALLY my friend, there is still the normal margin, probably in the $16-$20 range for this light, i.e. $800-$1000 for the 50 lights in your calculation. This also means that only ~$1000 are tied up.

What happens when "ARC" goes under? The value of the lights rises!

BTW: Lighthound is great, always had good service, and IMHO they can ask the price they want, we don't have to buy if we don't like it.

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
All together I bought 4 ARC AAA P from Lighthound, John provided the most reliable customer service and I am more than happy to pay him more!:paypal:

randyo

Enlightened
Mark 2 - Do you know for a fact what price ARC charges retailers? Or are you just assuming? I'd be surprised if ARC is charging individual buyers $39.95 yet selling to dealers for $20 to $25. My guess is there may be a small discount for "high-volume" resellers, but I doubt it's as high as you stated.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
heathah said:
Thanks, I just ordered 1 :)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark2, when we initially began selling the new Arc-AAA back in July, our only discount was 10% on orders over 10 units and to military/leo/fire/emt customers. But then resellers began to buy the product and get the discount so I pulled the quantity discount (we still have the gov discount).

So yes, the first stock offered by resellers was probably bought at a 10% discount, but for several months now they have had to buy it at full retail just like everyone else.

Supply and demand. Ideally, people would get a good product at a good price and not have to wait long to get it.

Peter

NoShadow

Enlightened
Prototype3a said:
I didn't know there was a military discount?!?! That is if you consider the US Navy military ;-) I ordered 2 AAA-P's #2559

You doubt the US Navy is military? Of course, you're only joking.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah no doubt! I bought mine from lighthound because I wanted it now! For a little more money its well worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts