Does this light exist?

Flotsam

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a cheap, single cell (AA or AAA) LED light w/ a pushbutton mounted near the head of the light (like a c or d cell maglite). Brightness & beam quality not important - it's for my 2 year old (who currently loves to play w/ my streamlight twin task 1L (and resultantly draining my small stash of 123s).

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Sam

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't know of any single AA or AAA lights that have a side clickie switch, but I believe the Aurora 1.5 will work with R123's and it is cheap about $20.

goldenlight

Enlightened
Fisher Price used to make a flashlight for children that only stayed on while the oversize button was pressed. My bet would be they still make it. It was short and stubby; probably using 4AA cells. Incand., of course. You could get a cheap recharger and some nicads, and it would cost nothing to run, after your initial investment.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Target has one similar to what you want but its 2AA not a single AA. Its a River Rock 1.5 watt led. It's $20 -$25 bucks. Or this Pelican light its led uses 3 n cells but also can use 2 AAA's and is under $25 bucks with shipping. Its at this link. Only thing is it has a bottom switch instead of a side switch.
http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.php?Sku=PEL1990YEL

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldenlight said:
Fisher Price used to make a flashlight for children that only stayed on while the oversize button was pressed. My bet would be they still make it. It was short and stubby; probably using 4AA cells. Incand., of course. You could get a cheap recharger and some nicads, and it would cost nothing to run, after your initial investment.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../104-3296435-1575962?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../104-3296435-1575962?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846
Read the reviews on the bottom of the page. The parents seem impressed.
It uses 2C batteries.

Yooper

Enlightened
Both my kids have that light and they loved it up through about age 8, after which it was too much of a PITA for them to keep hitting the button to keep it lit. This year for Christmas they are getting LED crank lights. Kids love crank lights and you don't have to worry about the battery issue.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The advancedmart light that UnknownVT semi raved about sounds like it might be perfect. If your kid is prone to throw things agressively I might suggest otherwise because this light is chromed brass and quite heavy. I'd think it would easily damage drywall.