Need more help from comic buffs

Makarov

Enlightened
Hi, I'm a bit stuck in this Norwegian christmas quiz and need some help to solve it before midnight (GMT +1 hour in Norway), when this days question ends.

The text is translated to english: "What movie does the cinema "Utopia" run on the 2. of november?"
I know that this comes from the comic "The Watchmen", and a google search gave me what I believe is the movie name: "This Island Earth", but as I don't have the comic myself, could anyone confirm this?

The maker of this quiz is a Norwegian cartoonist named Mads Eriksen, he's a real nerd and movie buff. A lot of his stuff referrs to movies and films, like this recent strip:

(Her line doesn't need any translation, his line's: "Sacrilege")

He's one of my favourite cartoonist, and you can find his stuff here. Unfortunatly it's not translated to english yet, but hopefully someone will do that some day.

Last edited:

Makarov

Enlightened
Re: Need help from comic buffs fast!

Got a new problem, anyone recognise this guy?

I'm guessing some kind of villain from a comic, but I'm drawing a blank...

the text referes to the dual meaning of the Norwegian word "slag" which is both "Sort"(as in "3 sorts of jobs") and "Battle"
In Norway you have to have 7 sorts of cookies for christmas, the text says something like: "This guy needs only one sort(ie battle) for christmas, but which?"
I'm guessing the final battle???

Santelmo

Enlightened
Re: Need help from comic buffs fast!

Looks to be Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onnz). Check out Justice League Unlimited.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Yah, a "good guy". Just little known outside geek circles. He was never one of the Saturday morning TV mainstays.

I think he's the last surviving member of the Martian race. Strong, flies, invisible, somewhat shape-shifting, and can pass through stuff. Has a very thoughtful and calm "sherlock holmes" persona, probably from his "mysterisous Martian ways", and depression at being the last of his kind.

Makarov

Enlightened
Thanks guys, with your help I found out that he likes Oreos :) So it was cookies after all...
I've never been much into DC comics, I've preferred Marvel with Spiderman, Fantastic Four and Punisher. (I still buy Punisher)

Latest posts