Last minute Christmas ideas

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought I'd start a thread to help us all as we get closer to the big day. Usually I need to get a couple of last minute gifts and need to get them quickly and also wrap them quickly. So let's see what are good quick buy items that are for the last minute or the hard to buy for special friends in our lives?

I go for Starbucks and Jamba Juice gift cards. I also ordered three of those nice new tritium key chain fobs on CPF and gave one away today which was received well. I attached it to a 2AA Minimag with SMJLED mod. Too bad I only have two more to give away.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:
What is Jamba Juice?
LOL, ya I wanted to send a Jamba Juice card to my brother-in-law out in New Jersey but they only had one in the whole state. So they are not all over the place... yet.

It's a franchise that makes blended smoothie drinks using frozen fruit like strawberries and peaches etc and adds orange sherbets and maybe some frozen yogurt or soymilk with ice and juice. They also add a boost of your choice, like vitamin boost or fiber boost etc. It's a very health concious franchise and I find I dont get any sugar high or crash when I drink them. I get one about 4-5 times per week, sometimes more. It's an easy way to get the fruit you need in your diet. Personally I pass on the yogurt and soy but I get a Protien boost or the manly fiber boost with 8grams of fiber. My usualy choices are the Critrus Squeeze, Razzmatazz and the Carribean Passion all extra thick :D

I think you'll be seeing a lot more of them because I've noticed they like to try to open one next to a Starbuck's which is a great way to piggyback on a successful market and gain market share.

Here a link www.jambajuice.com which is a great website with lots of good info. I think they started out here in Cali. San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly area IIRC

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Looks yummy - thanks for the information! There are no JJ stores in my state at all, nor do I recall anything remotely resembling them. If they ever come here I will check them out.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a cheap gift to co-workers, I was very surprised at how well the Costco LED night lights went over this year. They only cost $15 for a five pack but you don't give the whole five pack. You break them up and give them out as one and twosies so it makes it look less cheap. The girls, especially those with kids, really liked them.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a good gift I saw at Whole Foods today. Also found it cheaper on Amazon. Here' the LINK

It's a series of cook books that go on a theme and include a CD with music that represents the motif. Things like Napa's Best with Jazz or A variety of Tuscan Recipes with Italian Music CD, San Francisco's Best restaurants with appropriate music CD etc etc

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a batch of Streamlight Keymtes to give to various females in our family- sisters-in-law, nieces, etc. Then my wife decided she wanted to give some to the women in her office so I had to buy more. I still haven't gotten one for myself yet but hopefully there will be one left.

The rest of my ideas are for guys:

The average person would probably like a stock MiniMag just fine. If you want to spend more, the Gerber 3.0 is great. (I don't believe in giving CR123 lights to the average person due to the retail cost of CR123's.)

I think the Superknife and its various copies would be good.

I bought a set of soft toolbags at Home Depot a couple of years ago and the recipient really liked them. I haven't seen this set in their stores but most stores have some form of soft toolbag.

Outdoor guys should like flannel of cotton chamois shirts, or even sweatshirts.

What about tools- almost any form of tool appropriate for the guy's interests. (I have trouble convincing my wife that guys don't mind having 2 of a certain tool, so it is OK to buy them something that they might already have.)

Insulated coffee mug.

Good kitchen knives.

Knife sharpener.

Multitool.

Music CD's, Video DVD's

Topper

Flashaholic*
OK I got that Jamba thing so whats a Starbucks? I know that Starbuck was a guy on battlestar galactica years ago and Sci-Fi channel has a new starbuck that is female?
Topper

paulr

Flashaholic
I cringe at the notion of giving a Keymate to a non-flashaholic. The three button cells it uses are about 10 cents each online, but several bucks each in a drugstore. Better to give a cheapo coin cell light and tell them it's disposable, or else an AAA light. If a Peak or Arc is too expensive, the Gerber Sonic is priced about the same as a Keymate. And there's always the Dorcy AAA, though it's on the large side for a keychain.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper said:
OK I got that Jamba thing so whats a Starbucks? I know that Starbuck was a guy on battlestar galactica years ago and Sci-Fi channel has a new starbuck that is female?
Topper
hehhehe
bangin.gif

Paulr is right about the batteries. For good long term use you want them to have easily available, long lasting AA or AAA lights for the most part.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Funny cromag, whack me with a stick all you want . So What is a Starbucks store/ We do not have one in Jonesboro Arkansas as far as I know.
Topper edit Never mind I did a search, it is a coffee shop we have those they just arent named after sci-fi folks around here.

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! only two Starbuck's in all of Little Rock! There's this guy who is going around the world to try to have a cup of coffee at every Starbucks but they open them faster than he can get to them so he doesn't think he'll be able to get to them all. It's the McDonald's of coffee shops (and don't say what's McDonald's)

blah-needcoffee.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
I got a Nite-eze? (spellin bad) at Wally World at 5 bucks 3led drop in for the Minimag 2 AA that works real good for 5 bucks not a bad stocking stuffer every one has a MM I think. Oh Little Rock is a good hour and a half from Jonesboro unless the Wife is driving, she thinks she can git any where in 5 minutes
Topper

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
HarryN said:
I usually don't think about those things until Dec 24 :)

evidently neither does my dad as a matter of fact most of my christmas gifts from him are gotten christmas morning on his coffee run when he realizes "oh damn i havent got the boys anything!" 6 years running are presents have been 10 twenty dollar bills and they are always super crisp go figure