Chapman Leonard Lens Light LED flashlight

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI guys I just wanted to follow up on a flashlight that I found at a motion Picture trade show I attended a year or so back.
The light is called the "lens Light" it is called that because of their unique Lens system used to project the light from the led.
The company is called Chapman Leonard a very well known company for their extreemely heavy duty equipment used the world over in the production of films.

So here is he story. Like I said a year or so back I was at this show and spoted these lights. I immeaditly bought one of each type. a single lens and a tripple lens. They appeard well made and of a unique design.
One of the units I bought was a bit of a greenie and the other devoloped a loose lens. they both sat for a long time. Reciently I was working on a picture (TV show) and noticed the Chapman leonard gear on the show(dollies). I rememberd the lights!!
So I sent an e-mail to the person in charge of marketing of the Lens Lights and she promptly responded and explained that the current design had changed from the version that I had and that they would be happy to exchange them both. One day I arranged for the exchange. I receive 2 new lens lights. these have the same design with an improved tail switch which boosts the out put of the light. (before there was a tiny knob which varied the output)
Anyway to make a long story short you will see the details below. They say that they are water proof to 250 feet. and that they hold up to extreems of tempature and envirnment. This is a beautifuly excuted flashlight. They manufacture the light completly in house. The HA III (a beautifully smooth heavy duty finish) comes in many colors. The size is about the same as a mini mag.
The lights come with a book describing and comparing their lights to many current flashlights. runtime and brightness are described thorghly. Good marketing material. There was also included a video which shows the light in action under water and being made and a discussion by the designer of the light.
They use a LUX I LED with nice colors. It has an auto off feature which you can disable.
I personally prefer the beam produced by the single lens unit even though it is not quite as bright as the tripple lens unit.
If there is interest I will take some beam shots and pictures of the light.

not much info here but I am sure an e-mail to them will get you plenty of information.
Questions? comments?
I am in no way connected to CL and am putting this info here because I find this to be a very nice light at a fairly reasionable price.
Yaesumofo

http://www.chapman-leonard.com/Lens%20Light.htm

Available in a Variety of Colors.
blubul1a.gif
Water Resistant (Tested to Water Depth of 500').
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Corrosion and Scratch Resistant (Exceeding Military Standards).[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Maintains a Maximum Brightness Longer.[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Virtually Shadow Free Illumination.[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Safety Stop to Avoid Unwanted Separation.[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]5-Year Warranty.[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Price: Single Lens System: $148.00 Plus Shipping.[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Price: Triple Lens System: $171.00 Plus Shipping.[/font]
blubul1a.gif
[font=century gothic,arial,helvetica]Made in the USA.[/font]

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I'd appreciate more info andsome comparison shots (light and beam) if you can find the time. This looks very desirable, but I really can't understand why they don't even say which batteries it takes on their site! :sick2:
bernie

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernie...this light was briefly discussed a while back (IIRC, yaesumofo did that discussion as well). I believe it runs on 2XAAA cells. yaes...correct me if I'm wrong.

PJD