woth upgrading Norton Internet Security from 2004 to 2006?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Norton users, anybody tried both? I currently have 2004. I am asking about strictly that program, I don't want to start another thread comparing the various security programs out there.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm always on the latest version of the Norton software. With the rebates (1 for purchase, 1 for upgraders), I usually get the current version for less than $10, and sometimes for free. It's always been cheaper than subscribing for another year of AV updates.

Lots of rebate deals on NIS right now, particularly if you also purchase a TurboTax product.

NIS $9.99

FAR NSW/Firewall bundle

Peter

drizzle

Enlightened
I'm like LitFuse, but in my case I wait until around July or August and get it cheap at Costco, plus a rebate. Like with him it makes it cheaper than renewing the subscription. My AV definitions are always up to date; I'm just 6 months behind in the software changes which is no big deal.

If you prefer getting a CD and don't mind waiting another 7-8 months, that's what I would recommend.

InFlux

Enlightened
I upgrade my Nortons every year- but I take turns chosing the program suite.

One year I get the Internet Security, the next year I get System Works. They both include the anti-virus program. :shrug:

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't upgraded since the 2004 version and bought two new subscriptions. I've always found that the newer versions require even more system ressources and slow down my system way too much.
The one I have works just as well and doesn't make my box painfully slow so I'm willing to pay a bit for that besides, I got the original one for free with fry's rebate.
My 2 cents...