C3: Centurian

Flakey

Enlightened
Ok so christmas is coming up and what can i say ... i want a surefire (who doesnt?) I was looking over all of the models carefully and the one that seemed to match me the best was the C3. I am used to carying a 6D Mag so now anything short of 100 lumens is dissapointing. the C3 claims to have 105 lumens for an hour and can fit comfortably on a belt clip. 6d mag in the palm of my hand GO!!! but i cant find any reviews of this light! does anyone have any positive or negitive input on this light?

carrot

Flashaholic
Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a great light. I had the C2 and loved it, but I sold it to fund the M6.
105 lumens is probably a slight under statement, I know SF only claimed 65 lumens for the C2 but it seemed to have 75-80 on fresh batts.

Last edited:

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the 9P & C3 & M3 all roughly equal.

M3 is not worth the extra money in my book, but I picked one up N-I-B for a great price.

Buy the C3 save yourself a ton of money.

For me the C3, E2e & a small Luxeon AAA EDC (Ocean, ocean, ocean get the hint Peak?) will cover 99% of my needs. (Desires are another issue)

Flakey

Enlightened
Christmas day cant come to soon enough =) that review on the M3 said 125 lumens ... c3 is 105 lumens are they really the same basic light? +20 lumens seems like a different light assembly? no?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like they said already. The SureFire C3 and the SF.9P are roughly the same and do use the same lamp assemblies. The SureFire M3 doesn't share the same LAs but sure is a nice looking torcher and in my opinion is brighter if you're willing to spend that much more.

The SureFire 9P can be had for roughly $75.00. Personally I'd go with the SF.9P than the SF.C3. That's just me though. But whatever one of these fine products you go with, Enjoy!

Have you also tried looking into the OP-9 Operator by Laser Devices? They claim 125 Lumens for about 1.5 hours of runtime. You can check it out here:

http://light-edge.com/lookandfeel.asp?manuf=Laser Devices

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I wasn't suggesting you get the M3 by the way, just saying you could use the review of the M3 as a rough guide to what the C3 is like. (Maybe clear up some possible misunderstandings here.)

Edit: Woot, 100th post.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know it's really tough to see the difference between the SFM3 @125L and the 9P/C3 @105L.

The difference becomes more apparent at a distance, but could be attributable to the fact the M3's head focuses tighter, as much as the extra lumens.

BigBaller

Enlightened
Get the C3, you'll love it. I chose it as my first SureFire and its still my favorite.
Get a KL3 to go with it and thats all you'll ever really need.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have the C3 and I like it, but I think of the clip as a pocket clip not a belt clip.

I have read of some of the CPF members loosing their lights by having them cliped on their belt.

lotsalumens

Enlightened
I have a pair of C3s and love them. I almost like them more than my M3 because they are much more compact, feel more sold with the square tube profile, and have basically the same output. They are really great lights and I think you will be very pleased with them. I also have a lot of other Surefires (C2,M3, M3T,M6,L1,L2, various older "Zs" etc) but the C3s are probably my favorites.

cfb

Last edited:

Flakey

Enlightened
can it really fit on the inside of a pocket with that clip? if so it will earn a very very special spot in my pocket next to my benchmade aries knife =)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first "major" flashlight purchasing decision was the C3:sold: . Its the brightest for the money. add the 200 lumen bulb and you'd have to spend twice as much to do better elsewhere.

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I've got a C3, but my Streamlight TL-3 just blows it away. It deserves a look,too.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
TL-3 is a lot of light for the money. SF's are bit more satisfying though. The C3 is an excellent light, and you will probably be so pleased with it you'll want to add some other SF's to your collection too. It will make a great light for you, get a holster for it (I wouldn't trust the clip). You can also use rechargeables with this, 2x Pila 150s turn the C3 into an amazing light. :)

quarkstar

Newly Enlightened
I love my C3. I have many other lights, including Surefire, but the C3 is about tops with me.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Flakey said:
can it really fit on the inside of a pocket with that clip? if so it will earn a very very special spot in my pocket next to my benchmade aries knife =)

Yes, it fits.
I just tried it in the left front pocket of my jeans. I don't carry mine because I EDC other lights. If I were to carry my C3, I would use a RipOffs clip on holster.
Here's a link http://www.ripoffs.com/

Maybe someone else that carries theirs in a pocket will see this and give you a better answer your question.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
C3 rocks.
In addition to that you can "supercharge" is with a KT2 turbohead and/or a KL5 later ...

SurefireC3KT2SW02.jpg

SurefireC3SW02KL5.jpg

bernie

BigBaller

Enlightened
The gripping ring makes it stick a little bit when pulling it out but with the incan head it packs just as well as my L4 in jeans or ****ies.