Flashlight Give-a-way

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Catchy title huh? No, it's not for you guys.
My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter came for a late Cristmas visit this weekend. He is an E2(Warrent Officer)helicopter pilot for the US Army. While in different parts of my house he would pick up and try the various flashlights that were somehow always in reach. When he picked up the Surge and turned it on I heard "Woah, what's this?". So of course I had to disassemble to explain why there is so much light in such a small package. Than came the questions, where and how much, that always follow. As they were loading up their truck in the dark this morning for the trip home(base), I handed him the Surge and told him to keep it. I only had it for week so now off to order another.
I think that another CPF member may be in the making.
BTW, he told me that the pilots use a three led light that has a band that goes around the head and at the back is where two AA batteries are located. The three led module is held in the mouth and is toggled by the pilots lips. Anyone hear of this? I, of course, asked him to send me one.
grin.gif

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Phred: The LED light you are referring to that you son in law uses is called a lip light and is a very common item for US Army Helicopter pilots. There are several variations of the light but most have three green LED's and are powered by two AA's. The device mounts on the microphone boom of the helmet and is activated by the moving the lower lip out away from the face. The green lighting does not affect the night vision devices that the pilots are using and supplies needed light in the cockpit when needed.