Inova Radiant AA and AAA series

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
New poster here, I just picked up two Inova flashlights from Target. I have been a long time fan of the Inova lights. I love my T5 and T3 lights. Yesterday I picked up an Inova Radiant AA and AAA. I cannot access the Inova site and there does not seem to be any information about these light on the net (in terms of retailers selling them). I picked up the AA for $19.99 and the AAA for $12.99. What can you tell me about these lights. Thanks.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova's website is horribly out of date.

flashlightreviews.com has a review of the 2xAA.

Even though I've not used one myself, I've reccomended them to a few people. I admit I haven't looked, but the only place I'm aware of that sells them is Target. The sub-$20 price is very appealing, and they kick the holy snot out of the mini-Maglight that seems standard for the unenlightened. The biggest factor, other than the affordable price, is that they use "regular" batteries. CR123As might be easy enough for "us" to find inexpensively, but the "regular" people would probably only find $9 single cells at Walgreens. The Radiants use batteries that are as common as empty beer cans. Hard to find a better deal for the common folk than the Radiant series.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might try searching for the word 'Radiant' to come up with other posts.

I don't have the AA light, but picked up the AAA light. Seems pretty solid. I think it has a Nichia CS LED and a tiny reflector. I prefer the similar but even cheaper Nuwai 2xAAA light as I think it gives more throw and is a bit brighter. I also prefer the aluminum construction to the plastic and rubber Inova but the Inova might be more comfortable on cold days or for use with gloves.

Either way, if you are happy with the beam color and brightness, it should be a very decent light.