100 LED ebay light

Learjet

Enlightened
I've seen a few lights up to 45 LEDs on ebay before but this is ridiculous. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/POWERFUL-NEW-ULTRA-BRIGHT-100-LED-TORCH-BATTERIES_W0QQitemZ8740257375QQcategoryZ16037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So what are we talking here, 200 lumens? 8 watts? Ok I'll admit it, I bought one. :whistle: But I really NEED to test this thing! I must admit to being a fan of wide beam flood lights. Can't wait to get it but being Christmas time it might be a couple of weeks before it gets here.

Yeah I know, chances are it won't be driven at the correct rate, but it WILL be after I've finished with it. Just like the 45 LED and 41 LED that I rewired with different resistors to match 20ma per LED.

I'll let you all know what it's like when it arrives.

I wonder how many LEDs we'll see on ebay in the future Lol. :laughing:

SuperNinja

Enlightened
That's funny as hell.

Maybe they will start making some as big around as a pie pan.

The shipping seems quite high.

Last edited:

Learjet

Enlightened
Price is AUD. Remember our dollar is worth nothing compared to USD. Although yes it's still a bit high I guess. Don't care, I need to test it Lol. I'm sick I know. I need help. I'm drunk on light, hic. :D

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm guessing that it won't actually be "the most powerful toch I ever have." :)

Be curious how long it can run on the 4xAA batteries. Must be an awesome flood.

Last edited:

Learjet

Enlightened
I'm planning to use 2500mah nimh cells. At 20ma per LED and 100 LEDs that's going to be pulling 2 amps from the batts. I expect about an hour run time on those batteries, give or take.

Pixel

Newly Enlightened
Now replace all of them with overdriven Nichia CS (~8 lumen). And you get these 800 lumens.

Learjet

Enlightened
Interesting. The body on the Ningbo Crownway 100 LED looks exactly the same as the body from My 4AA 10 LED Nuwai AT-100, just with a different head. http://torchreviews.net/nuwaiat100.htm

I was thinking of soldering up a multi hundred LED light with some of those 40,000 MCD LEDs and attaching it to a 3 or 4D Mag for endurance but feeling a bit too lazy atm.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious as to how many freeze/pop cycles it will take to separate the shiny aluminum bezel faceplate from the black anodized head piece. I'm assuming these 2 parts are just press fit together during manufacturing and not threaded.

Learjet

Enlightened
stockae92 said:
...with direct drive (assuming), it won't run well on NiMH?

Not sure yet. It may need modifications. It comes with batteries which are no doubt cheap and possibly provide a voltage drop to drive off 4 cells. Nimh may overdrive it but that's just speculation at this stage. Won't really know until it arrives and I put it on the amp meter.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
Even with the best batteries you can find you'd be lucky to get more than 20 minutes out of this thing. This would be great as a 6 D maglite replacement head. I'm still half-way tempted to get one though. I'll bet setting one of these things off in the middle of the night would be like somebody clicking on the sun !! That's about $40 US including shipping by the by.