Can anyone identify this?

Rain_Man

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody.

A friend of mine gave me a small LED flashlight. I love this thing, It reminds me of an old pepper-box revolver. It's compact, bright, has 12 bulbs, and takes 1 AA battery... Seems perfectly suited to take anywhere, but the light is what really does it for me, it's a soft blue that seems to light up a whole room, i'm amazed that all those LEDs are able to project a perfect circle on a wall. I have done some research but still can't find out much about this particular one. Could anyone tell me how long a Duracell battery would last? And the manufacturer of this light?

Thanks, here are some pictures of it.

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/1092/ledback2uy.jpg

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/7752/ledtop2bu.jpg

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's called the Ghost II and is a very nice inexpensive small flashlight.

Check out this review for more details on your flashlight.

Rain_Man

Newly Enlightened
That's it! The website gave me all the information i'll ever need...

:thanks:

Great review.

Rain_Man

Newly Enlightened
Yep, No need to run over to radio shack when the battery is out, I can get one out of the TV remote. And the thing runs for 8 hours on 1 AA battery? Can't get much better than that. :D

Never thought i'd get so excited about a flashlight, but this thing's amazing. Hell of a lot better than a maglight...

Last edited:

not2bright

Enlightened
Rain_Man said:
Never thought i'd get so excited about a flashlight, but this thing's amazing. Hell of a lot better than a maglight...

And so the journey begins!

If you like the Ghost, you need to check out some of the other lights on this site. For that matter look around the flashlightreviews site. You will be amazed at how many lights are out there that blow the Ghost away!

Good luck and welcome!

Robban

Enlightened
Oh you poor man, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into... Run while you still can. OR go nuts and start reading everything you can on the forum. One thing though, don't blame us when your wallet is empty! :D

Welcome!

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
AND... the journey Begins.... Welcome Aboard....

As they say it.... :nana: Hide Your Pocket/s Please ;)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some of these (and similar) breed very cheap from E-Bay.
On the 1st sight interresting bright, but drawing an amount of current, same to the current the modded Luxeon/Badboy/Madmax ones.
And DEFINITLEY not even comparable output.
They are much more in the range of the SMJ-led I received yesterday (and these draw very much less + incorporating a reflector).

If You ever get used to regulated lights and accept their 1 - 3 hour peak output (whatever the setup is), then direct drive and these cheap 5 mm led-lights just dont make it anymore.

Rain_Man

Newly Enlightened
Ha, nah, this flashlight will do it for me... All I need is something compact and reliable that will light up when I need it, and this does it just fine. I have a tiny flashlight with a battery so weak the light it produces is useless, I take that battery out and put it in this flashlight and it shines like new. I love this thing!

One thing that I have noticed is the Ghost II in the review and manufacturers website( http://store.advancedmart.com/ghiial12ulbr.html ) doesn't look like the one I have, mine is darker in color and has a different grip design... Maybe it's a new model, or a copy?

capriman86

Newly Enlightened
Rain_Man said:
Ha, nah, this flashlight will do it for me... All I need is something compact and reliable that will light up when I need it, and this does it just fine.

Hehe...How long before he buy's a Fenix L1P guys? LOL
Once you start....its hard to stop! :help:

Brlux

Enlightened
I got a similar light which looks like it was made by the same manufacture. It has 7 LEDs and a red laser that also runs off a single AA. Verry impressive light for the money It was $7.00 shipped from Hong Cong. An interesting observation was that the AA battery tube was actually wide enough that I could slide in a 123. So it may be a good host for modding, cut it down, remove the boost circuit, and have a verry small laser led combo that runs on a single 123.