Amilite Problem

SpeedPRO

Enlightened
Received this Amilite couple days ago, I must say this little pocket it's amazing for its size. Nice beam with pretty much usable sidespill.

Problem besides the missing HA silver ring issue, after I went thru 2 sets of batteries including the one came with Amilite, third set became unbelievebly dim ( 80% dimmer ) :shrug:

I use SF batteries for the 2nd and 3rd set. They're all checked with DMM, even threw those in my KL1 and LC seems to be fine.

I've never had any problem or whatsoever with my LED collections before.

Already e-mailed the manufaturer for advice but of course I would also rely on fellow CPFers.

Any input, suggestion, or advice would be truly appreciated since I'm relatively new with this whole flashlight world.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i should have asked this first, becaome dim WHEN? when the batteries died or right after you put in nice new batteries?

if you mean the 3W type of little tiny bugger, then i would wonder if you set it down. HUH?
if the things are that small and that powerfull , they might be highly dependant on outputting thier heat into the human.

some of the other tiny lights that people tested got VERY hot when left to thier own vices.
add to that that nobody seems to put in a descent heat sync , even though mabey they did. and it MIGHT (more bad guesses) have gotten hot?

so all my tiny buggers i keep in my hand, cause i dont trust them to be able to dissipate enough heat. Well cept for that grovy :)

of course it could be a curcuit, or connection problem somewhere, often any connection issues will be intermittant or complete stopage.
a silicoln part or the led could both go slightly bad, and still work but poorly, and whould not act as intermittant as a connection issue.

did you check your springs, check the threads, make sure you screw the threads down well, all that good stuff?

Last edited:

SpeedPRO

Enlightened
nemul,
Well the runtime on this amilite is not the greatest. They last me about 45 min or so before it started to dim. Flashlightreviews also has a short runtime of 50 min before it reached 50%.

VidPro,
The amilite is very dim with fresh new batteries. Played with it alot thru the nite before it went, never had it on for more than 10 min each time. All those time I never sat it down.

Got e-mail for the manufacturer :

Hello

I think that it's simple contact problems.

I attached a picture for you.

1. Unscrew the head cap and pull out the reflector.
2. Unscrew the silver ring using long-nose plier.
(you can see two red circles in the picture that indicates the
points to insert long-nose plier)

3. Disassemble the ring and replace the ring, reflector and head cap.
(4. Turn on and off the flashlight.)

If the problems still exist, I will give you another advice.

amiliteas026cq.jpg

Did what the advised me to and still very dim :mecry:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what the problem is... you have resistance; What i would do is clean the part of the head and the TAILCAP that touches the battery, and it should be just fine.

-David

SpeedPRO

Enlightened
I'll try doing that, in a mean time the manufaturing is already sending me a new unit. Exactly the kind of customer service we're all like to see :thumbsup:

I'll post some more regarding this, I'm still anxious of what was going on with my light.

Thanks you guys!