Cree or Pro Light or Luxeon?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Suposedly there has been a lot of advancment by sombody?
for a 3W WHITE type led with some sort of preassembled base , is there any better Lumen per wat stuff then the Luxeon?

other things.
notice that for 100 years now (well almost :) you can get 5mm leds with all the lensing they need to work as a flashlight?
but these high powered things, are sitting on the floor of thier assembly with a plastic topper on them. so you add in a optic or a reflector.

add in the optics, and you add another reflective surface, boucing the light in the wrong direction. add in a reflector and you still have spill all over the place.

IF they formed the optics ON the thing , instead of dangling off the top of it, its efficiency would go up a minimum of 10% , assuming that was even possible.

like for example when sombody here ended up with a liquid in between the two optic parts, they achieved better light transmition to the intended output location.

the prolights i have and one of the crees i tried, have these domes like bathroom domes, as the original fixed top, while that might make a great ammount of total output, the flashlight needs output in only 1 direction. ploping optics on top of these , and they dont seem to have efficiency for creation of a harsh spot.

is it possible to use #16 acrylic cement to affix a lens to the top of any of these things, and reduce one reflective surface, and permanentally affix the directionality to the base led?
or would the whole top just pop off the thing on the first hit?

do they make an integrated optics high powered leds?

What the f AM i talking about????

well i am trying to make another vertical optic head.
i will explain. take one of those 90* old style military flashlights.
i want to do the same idea, but only to save lenght and space.
so like starting with a STAR on the WALL (flat vertical surface)
i want the "head" of the whole assembly to come away from the wall the smallest ammount possible, but still have the highest efficiency for creation of a spot.
best i see HERE ( in my hand) is a 17mm reflector, at only 10mm high, but this reflector is some pos plastic thing, that light falls backwards squeaking through the cheap chrome coating they put on the plastic.
not only that it cannot be affixed to the top of the thing easily, must have containment.
optics must have holder.

ya see now? why are we having to go through rediculous lengths to do what they already do in a 8* 50c orange led?

so on with the actual question.
1) FOR A FLASHLIGHT, is there a better lumen (to target) per watt thing than the lux 3
2) got any idea for the Lowest flatest optics that make about a 6* beam, with minimal spill
3) Can you glue a optics to the top of a star with #16 and not have the top dome just tear right off?

Last edited: